80. Positive

7.02.20

Devon's POV

I woke up early the next morning knowing that I had been dead just yesterday. However, I was feeling pretty great after sleeping for 15 hours straight... Well almost great. A sudden wave of nausea rushed over my body, and I had to rush out of bed to spew my guts into the toilet. I leaned back on my thighs after it was finished, and my forehead was resting on the cold toilet seat. Sweat was dribbling off of my forehead, and I was definitely curious as to why I was throwing up; probably because I was dead.

"You okay?" Oli yawned from the doorway, and I shifted my head to look into his stunning eyes.

"I hope so... My stomach is bothering me." My boyfriend walked over to my position on the floor, and he crouched down in front of me. His hand rested on my forehead, and I was still leaning against the porcelain throne.

"You don't seem to be having a fever. I'll go get your Papa, yeah?" There was concern littered in his eyes, and he carried me to the bed before kissing my forehead.

Approximately five minutes later, I was standing up and getting dressed. I don't know what's wrong with me, but I feel absolutely perfect now! The door opened, and I was met with two people talking. "You seem better now," Oli commented while pecking my cheek.

"Yeah! It took about two minutes for all the nausea to go away, and I'm back to normal now." I grinned now that my weird sick spell was over, but Papa ended up with a frown.

"I'll be right back," he squeaked before running out of the room.

"Uh... Okay..." I leaned against Oliver's chest, and he supported my body. Papa returned with something in a small bag, and he pressed the item into my hand.

"Follow the instructions." The older man pushed me towards the bathroom, and I decided to just go with whatever he was asking me to do. Once the door was locked, I opened up the bag.

"Seriously!"

"You never know until you try!"

I pulled out the little pregnancy test and followed the instructions closely while making sure not to skip any lines. It took me a hot second, but I finally figured out how to use the thing before waiting nervously for the results. My heart was beating right out of my chest while the stupid thing was calculating, and I knew that I wanted Oliver here for this moment. I pushed open the door and walked over to him swiftly before dragging my soulmate back into the bathroom.

As soon as I slammed the door shut, I turned to him. "What's up?"

"This is what Papa gave me, but I couldn't do it by myself. You need to be here too." I extended my arm with the test in it, and his eyes widened.

"You're serious?"

"I think I am."

Oli pulled me over to the toilet, and he sat me on the closed lid while holding onto my hands.  He crouched down in front of me, and our eyes were connected. "I don't know what your opinions are on this, but I'm here for you no matter what. I won't let you go through this by yourself."

"I'm just scared since I'm so young. If this does happen, then we'll get through it together. Because of the way I grew up, I won't allow myself to lose a child once it's born. I want your help with this, but I won't deliberately cause harm, even if the baby's still in my stomach, to any child of mine."

"Dev I'm not going to make you abort your baby. I've always wanted a child of my own to break the cycle my father began with me. Even though you're young, we can do this. We have your incredibly huge family to fall back on if necessary, but we'll be okay."

I heard a tiny beep, and I knew that the test was done. I slid down onto the floor so that I was sitting next to him, and I felt my heard slamming against my ribs. "I'm scared... I want it to be positive."

"I do too... You have to open your hand, though, or we'll never know."

I inhaled deeply before slowly unclenching my palm, and the test was upside down so that neither of us could see the results. I reached my other shakey hand towards the little white stick, and I twisted the thing around so that we could see that I... Well now I'm crying.

"Puppy we did it," Oliver squealed while I buried my nose into his shoulder. The positive test had been discarded on the floor while I flung my arms around his neck, and my happy tears continued to fall onto the bathroom floor.

"I can't believe I'm gonna be a dad," I breathed into his ear while we embraced, and he also released a happy sob. A knock occured on the door, and Papa didn't even wait for an answer before he burst in.

"What was it?" he demanded while looking at our current state. It probably looked bad since we were both tearing up, but I turned with this crack head grin that reassured him.

"Positive. You're gonna be a grandpa."

Papa had to leave for a second while he had a little moment, and I began a rather passionate kiss with Oliver. When the door opened again, I pulled away from him to see my dad as well. "We aren't going to talk about the fact that you got your cooties on my son without protection." While dad was speaking, he walked forward and pulled Oliver up. His hand thumped on my soulmate's back like a father would even though he's at least a foot shorter than the boy, and the smile on his face was unmistakable. "You take care of my boy, okay? It was the happiest day of my life when I learned I was going to be a parent, and I hope you're going to feel the same. Seriously, hurt him or his child and I'll steal Ally's spear and shove it so far up your ass you can smell it."

"Okay, you can stop now, dad," I intervened while hugging Oli from behind. I don't mind having a protective parent, but I don't feel comfortable with him threatening my boyfriend in front of me.

"Ash we're gonna be grandparents!" Papa squealed while squeezing my father, and the short vampire's eyes grew much softer. One of my father's only weaknesses is his soulmate, so his heart melted at any contact from the man.

"We are... Now let's leave them alone for now to get used to the idea."

"But-"

"No buts, you can ask them questions later."

Dad had to literally drag Papa out of the room, and my shoulders relaxed completely for the first time ever. My life is on track, and I couldn't be more grateful. None of this would have happened without Linc and Jamie, and I knew that I would have to thank them later.

"I love you, puppy."

"I love you, too."