Part 6: Shadows from the past

The next morning Ash's mom woke us up by knocking on the door. "Breakfast is ready if y'all are hungry."

"We will be down in a minute mom." Ash answered. We got out of bed and walked down to the kitchen, still in our pjs. Ash did throw a shirt on though.

There was a girl sitting at the table that I haven't seen before.

"Rea I thought you were at camp?" Ash said and the girl stood up and gave him a hug. I'm guessing it was his sister.

"I kinda got kicked out." She turned to look at me, "Ash you didn't tell me you had a girlfriend. I'm Reagan but you can call me Rea." She said and came over to hug me.

"I'm just his roommate at college." I say with a chuckle. "My name is Nicole."

"Oh. I'm sorry. You two just look like a couple." She shrugged.

"We are just friends. Now why did you get kicked out of your camp?" Ash questioned.

"Let's eat then we can talk." She said and we all sat down. Their parents were at work or something because they had left after Ann woke us up this morning.

We were all finished and sitting in the front room. I was beside ash on the couch and Reagan was on the recliner chair. Reagan had Mac on her lap because she said he was too adorable to have to sleep on the floor.

"So the boy that I was talking to went to the camp to and in the middle of the night he snuck into the girls cabin to spend time with me. The head person found out and kicked us both out." Reagan was explaining why she got kicked out of camp.

"Should've been more careful sis." Ash shrugged.

"So what's really going on between you two? You act more that just roommates."

"We are friends too but that's it." I told her.

"That's a shame. I like you. You and my stupid bro would look cute together." She said to me with a smile.

"Stupid bro is right here and we are perfectly fine being friends."

"When do you have to go back?" Reagan asked.

"Either tonight or early tomorrow morning. I was thinking about going ahead and driving to night so we can make it home in two days. We could find a hotel or something to stop at for a rest." Ash said.

"Oh okay. I want to come visit soon."

"Anytime sis." Reagan nodded.

"So what time will we be leaving?" I ask ash.

"Can we wait till my parents get home so I can tell them bye. They should be here soon." I shook my head yes.

We waited for his parents so he could hug them bye. His mom told me that she wants to see me back there next time ash came back. I just smiled and thanked her for letting me stay. She's such a nice lady. His dad just shook my hand and said it was nice meeting me. And his sister wrapped me in a tight hug and said that me and ash needed to date so he could always bring me back home because she wanted an older sister.

After the goodbyes me, ash, and Mac was back in his truck. He had a pretty nice one. His was a white 2010 Chevy Silverado. It was difficult for my 5 foot height to get in since it was lifted so much.

We started our drive

We started our drive. We made small talk and I took a few naps. He drove for 8 hours straight then he found a hotel so we could stay the night and get some rest. We ended up having to sleep in the same bed again. It was becoming a habit. It will be weird when we get back to the dorm with our own separate beds.

We woke up early the next morning and started the drive back to college. At this rate we would get back around 3pm. I decided to turn up the radio and watch the scenery pass by. I must have fallen asleep for a long time because when I opened my eyes we were back in the town of our college.

"Want some McDonald's?" Ash asked.

"Sure. I'll take the number 6, the 10 piece chicken nuggets." He nodded and pulled around to the order taking box.

We got our food and went to the dorm to eat. We had both gotten the same thing.

"Alright I'm gonna go down to the gym and see if I can find someone to practice volleyball with for a bit." I told ash as I got up and went to get a sport tank and leggings on. "Can you turn around and close your eyes?"

He turned and I threw on my clothes. Being roomed with a boy was hard since we couldn't just strip and change whenever we wanted we had to make sure the other was turned away.

"I can practice with you if you want." He shrugged.

"You play?" I asked with a laugh.

"Well yeah. My sister plays and I always practiced with her."

"I didn't know your sister played. But sure if you want. Come on, hurry and get dressed." I pulled him up from the table.

Once he was dressed in some basketball shorts and a muscle tank we headed to the gym. We decided to jog to the gym as a warm up.

Ash was actually pretty good. We peppered back and forth and then he let me spike it at him. I practiced my jump serve as ash rebounded my balls. We had a pretty good time. I was exhausted and I knew ash was since he had been doing a lot of the running after balls.

I ended up walking with him to the cafe and buying us both an energy smoothie for the walk home.

We raced up the steps. Ash being the one with longer legs was able to run faster and beat me to the top.

We walked beside eachother towards our room. I saw a black figure standing by our door. It wasn't till we walked a few more steps that I figured out who it was.

"Brian what the hell are you doing here??"

*********************************

Well I made my first cliffhanger!