Hoseok | Period

I may or may not want to make a series out of this with all the other members.

:)

Also don't attack me if it sounds like I'm copying NerdyCookie01 because she's cool with it sounding similar okay? In fact she's the one who suggested I write this okay?

Of all the people in the world, Jung Hoseok was definitely one of them. But despite seeming like a normal guy, he had a secret that ARMY will never know.

He had a vagina.

Okay, okay, let's rewind this a bit. Actually, a LOT. Jung Hosook was born a female and grew up a female until the age of 13. Hosook never liked playing with dolls or makeup. She played sports with the boys and loved action figures and cartoons. Her father was concerned that she was being too masculine, so he was happy when Hosook took up dance lessons.

When Hosook hit puberty, the horrible dysphoria hit. She hated her female organs and new female hormones. She always knew she wasn't supposed to have what her mother called a 'hoo-ha'.

When Hosook told her mother, she was very confused but accepting, taking Hosook to therapy to get hormone blockers, and when she was 15, male hormones. She didn't develop breasts, thankfully, but she still had a vagina. She decided that she would rather deal with the dysphoria than have a surgery go horribly wrong, especially if she was going into the K-pop industry.

Thus, Jung Hoseok was born. His father tried to stop him from going into the K-pop industry as a male, wanting him to be in a female group, but Hoseok ignored the advice and went for his dream. Cut to the present, and he's one of the seven members of BTS!

Sadly, not everything was fine and dandy after that. You see, every month, Hoseok had his period. Yeah. It's as bad as it sounds, being in an idol group and all.

Usually he just dealt with it, hid it from the other members even though they knew and were willing to help him. But he felt that his dysphoria would get worse if he spoke it into existence, so he remained a silent sufferer. Until one month, when the whole week was filled with dance practices and rehearsals, rather than just travelling and the occasional concert.

Hoseok had a period tracker on his phone, thankfully a normal looking one and not one with stupid flowers and shit in the background, so that he didn't have to hide his screen when he entered the app. When he woke up on Thursday morning, raring and ready to go to dance practice, his phone buzzed with a notification,

"Hey Hoseok! Remember that your period starts today. Don't forget to buy supplies! :)"

Hoseok collapsed back onto his bed with a groan. He threw his phone onto his abundance of pillows and got up, changing the outfit he had laid out to an all black one, black joggers and a black t-shirt. He went into his ensuite bathroom and fetched a few sanitary pads, an extra pair of underwear, and a packet of baby wipes just in case there was some sort of insane natural disaster in his underwear.

He stuffed them into his duffel bag, no longer caring if he put them in a secret pocket; no-one dared search through his bag anyway. He got dressed into his new black ensemble, warming up a little to test how comfortable it was. There was a knock on the door.
"Hobi, are you up yet?"

It was Yoongi. Yoongi was actually the first person Hoseok came out to. One New Year's Eve when Hoseok was alone in the dorm and Yoongi came over with fried chicken, he kinda ended up spilling his entire childhood to Yoongi whilst crying and eating chicken. Good times.

Hoseok hastily replied,
"Yeah, just gimme a second hyung," and dropped the duffel bag by the door. He went to the ensuite and sat down on the toilet, taking another pad from the box. He pulled his underwear down and stuck the pad to the fabric, sighing in frustration when the winged part stuck to itself. All these years of using pads and he still couldn't stick them down properly. He ought to sue the brand.