Chapter 6- Branch

A/N What y'all been waiting for: Branch! (Me too, I've been waiting to write his POV:)

Branch's POV

"Halt! In the name of King Peppy!" a guard hollered.

I sprinted away from castle guards as soon as they saw me. The guards chased me, because I am wanted. Before you take this the wrong way, no, I'm not a thief.

Flashback

"Help!" I heard someone wail, a girl's voice. 

I glanced up from picking up twigs and fallen branches.

"Move kid!" A guy who came out of the bushes yelled and pushed me out of the way. I fell backward, and a sharp pain pulsed through my left arm.

"Ow!" I yelped in pain, and cradled my hurt arm. The guy had run far ahead, but I caught a glimpse of who he was carrying: Princess Poppy! When he bumped into me, her tiara dropped off her head, and landed next to me. I picked it up, wondering what to do with it. I've always had a secret crush on Poppy, ever since she tried to make me happy. I couldn't believe someone would kidnap the sweet girl!

"Over there!" someone yelled from the direction the kidnapper emerged from. Guards came bursting through the shrubs, spears extended. "Where's the princess?" a guard asked me.

"Why are you asking me? I don't know," I said truthfully. "I saw the guy go that way," I pointed to where the guy had ran with Princess Poppy. 

"Then why are you holding her tiara?" the guard asked me. I realized I still had it in my hand. Not knowing what to do, I panicked and ran. "Get him!" I heard behind me.

Present

So they thought I was working with the kidnapper, and I've been "Wanted" ever since. I never returned the tiara though, because I still have a crush on the princess even though she's been missing for 18 years. I guess that's why they're still after me. I want to return it, I also want to keep it. It's been in my hair ever since, and I clean and polish it every week. 

"Don't let him get away!" someone yelled. I ran for cover in the forest and looked backward, not noticing I was headed straight for a cliff! When I looked back in front of me, I tried to stop, but I was too late. I skidded straight off the cliff down, down, down...

Dirt. That was the first thing I tasted. I sat up and emptied my mouth of all the earth that had gone in. I glanced up to make sure no one had followed me. I stood up, wondering what to do. I clearly couldn't go back, but I couldn't stay here either. So I decide to find a cave or something to hide in. 

I stumbled across a cave covered with vines. 'Perfect!' I though to myself. I ran through it, thinking there was a rock face at the end. But instead, it led to a peaceful clearing with a pod up high hanging from the branch of a huge tree. I decide to see if there was anyone in there, or a least some food. The rod at the top was too far away for me to reach with my hair, so I pulled two whittled slicks from my hair and began ascending my way to the top of the branch, where the entrance to the pod was. Once I got to the top, I peeked inside, looking for anyone, but there seemed to be no one. I climbed inside and sighed, falling to my knees. 

"Rest at last," I said aloud. 

*CLANG!* Something hard smashed into me on the back of my head, and I heard a shriek before I blacked out.