Chapter 10- Captain Starfunkle's Roller Rink and Arcade

Poppy's POV

"Branch?" the creature repeated in his gravelly voice.

"Uh, yeah," he replied slowly.

"I'm Chad," he said.

I grasped his arm and glanced at him, wondering why he seemed, cautious. He had to trust this place to bring me here, right?

"What are these?" I breathed quietly, gesturing to the creature.

"Bergens," he replied.

"Bergens?" I squeaked. I remembered all things Creek had told my about monsters and Bergens.

He nodded, as the Bergen opened the door to a small building rooted in the ground that I hadn't seen before.

I, still holding Branch's arm, walked into the room. I immediately wished I hadn't. Inside was a whole roomful of Bergens! I whipped out my frying pan, which woke up Petal. She took one glance at the room, zoomed inside my hair, and stayed there. I wielded my frying pan, ready to whack anybody who tried to hurt me. Branch peeled my hand off his arm and put me in front of him. I felt a tug on my hair, a Bergen had picked it up! I shrieked and ran forward.

"Has she ever cut it?" the Bergen asked Branch, who shrugged.

"Okay Branch, I-I think I can go home now, I'll see the gumdrops later," I said, turning around.

Branch's POV

Poppy's face was paler than pastel pink, and she was holding out her frying pan like a weapon.

"Yeah, good idea Pinkie," I answered. I gently took her hand and guided her to the door, which slammed in my face. I glanced at the Bergen who closed it in confusion and fear.

"This you?" the short green Bergen asked. I peeled his fingers off the door, which was also holding a "WANTED" poster.

"Ugh, not this again," I muttered under my breath. Poppy glanced at me, confused.

"It is!" another yelled.

"Go get the guards!" A Bergen ran out of the room to find guards. Oh great.

"Let's get him!"

"Give him to me!"

Before I knew it, Poppy was pushed aside and all the Bergens had got a hold of me, pulling me this way and that, fighting.

"Ow!" I yelped.

"I want the money, I could buy a new bib!" said the short green Bergen protested.

"You don't need the money as much as I do Gristle!" a short pink Bergen screamed. (IDK what I'm doing)

"I need it, I'm broke!"

I closed my eyes and tried to ignore the pain.

"PUT HIM DOWN!" a voice yelled. I heard a frying pan *clang*.

I opened an eye to see everyone staring at Poppy. 'What is she doing, she's gonna get herself hurt!' I thought.

"Come on! You have bergenity! Haven't any of you had a dream? He's helping me!" she pleaded.

The short green bergen, Gristle, approached her. I tried to tell her to escape, but somebody put their hand on my mouth.

Poppy's POV

I backed up until I hit the wall behind me. Gristle kept coming, and stopped like 5 inches from my face. I closed my eyes and waited for the worst.