Chapter 17- Kingdom Dance

Poppy's POV

"WOW WOW WOW WOW!!" I yelled as I ran through the gates, dragging Branch behind me. Petal flew near my head, just as excited as I was. "Oh my gosh, have you ever seen so many things?" I asked Branch. He just shrugged. I ignored him, he had no idea what its like to see the world for the first time! "Okay, calm down," I told myself. "What should we do first?"

"We can go to the library," Branch said, pointing down the street.

"What's a library?" I asked.

"Wow. Um, it's a place where you can look at books and borrow them," he replied.

"Wait what?!" I exclaimed, bolting down the street. But trolls stepped all over my hair pulling me back. I heard excited chatter behind me and turned to it. There were a group of trolls looking at me. I ignored them, and Branch, Petal, and I gathered as much as we could, and Branch looked around for a solution. I followed his gaze to a group of young trolls styling each other's hair. He whistled loudly, and they looked toward him. He held up his armful of hair and they gasped in delight and ran over. The oldest girl had me sit down and they all spread my hair. I felt tugs and twists and heard them giggling and laughing. 

"All done miss!" a girl said, walking in front of me. I stood up and gasped in shock. It was beautiful

 It was beautiful! 

(A/N Hm...I suck at drawing sideways view of trolls:( I do like how the hair turned out though. Leave me alone about the hairstyle, my brain was dead ._.)

"I love it! Thank you thank you so much!" I smiled at them, and they beamed back. They sat back down braiding each other's hair. I inspected my new hairstyle: A thick high ponytail braid that had a little braid running through it, and they put flowers in the perfect places! I noticed Branch staring at me and blushed a bit. "Come on! We have to go to the book store!" I exclaimed running off.

(I'm coming out begins to play lightly)-

You, you, you, you, you

You gotta let it show

I'm coming

I'm coming out

I'm coming out

I'm coming

I'm coming out

I'm comingYo! 

I'm coming out like the sun after rain

Ready to shine no time to be plain

Feeling good, gonna get get what I, what I want

Gonna show everybody exactly what I want

Look at me now my confidence is soaring

Running across the soft flooring

That ain't boring

And I just don't quit

And when I'm exploring I'm saying 

She's coming out

She's coming

It's time to take a stand and show the world that I'm

She's coming out!

I started a dance in the village square. Everyone began dancing to the music some trolls were playing. Branch had bought me little flag with the kingdom crest on it, and so I drew a dance floor with the crest as well. 

In all the excitement and twirling, I spun and spun while the music was ending...and ended up with Branch! I let go embarrassed, and glanced away. 

"Um, sorry, I-uh..."

"It's fine," he said, turning toward the ocean view. He looked deep in thought.

"What?" I asked.

"I think I've got a surprise for you," he said, smiling. I had no idea what he meant. He began to walk toward the ocean side, and I followed him, excited for his plan.

A/N...This was short. I can't believe I'm already more than halfway done with this!