Chapter 20- Reality

A/N 20 chapters already?! Wow....

Branch's POV

"Ow," I groaned, bumping my arm against the prison wall.

"Where is she?" a guard asked me from outside

"Who?" I asked, stalling for time to think.

"The princess!" He said pointing a spear at me.

"I don't know, for the last time!" I exclaimed. Poppy sure looked like the princess, but the princess didn't have magic hair or pink eyes. I still wasn't sure whether she was the princess or not. But I was going to keep my mouth shut until I was sure.

"UGH!" The guard exclaimed, stalking off.

I knew I didn't have too much time until they decided my punishment, and I began to formulate a plan.

Poppy's POV

The realization hit me so hard, I stumbled to my knees. My breathing became ragged. Petal buzzed around my head, as shocked as me.

Why was I so dumb to not see it before? Creek shared no resemblance to me, and the princess it the village posters looked Just. Like. Me. He- Creek- he kidnapped me! He fooled me, used me, and I went right along with it! Branch was to good guy all along, I knew it!

"Poppy?" Creek called. I heard his steps coming to my curtains that separated my room from the rest of the pod. I pushed them open and glared at him

"Kidnapper," I mumbled.

"I can't hear you, you shouldn't mumble," Creek said sternly.

"I am the lost princess!" I yelled. Petal moved around in my hair. Creeks face melted. "Did I mumble? Cousin," I said sarcastically.

"Do you hear yourself what are you even saying?" Creek said in a rush. "You've lived here your whole life, and you're thinking this? Look what the outside has done t-"

"No. Look what you've done to me," I said to him.

I pushed him aside and walked to the window.

"Where will you go anyway?" Creek asked me. I knew exactly who I was going to. "He's not there you know, he's in jail, where every criminal belongs."

"Wait what?" I glanced at him, wondering if she was stalling, but his face meant truth. "Why, what did you do?"

"Turned him in," he said flatly.

"How could you? Why should I trust you anymore?" I asked him, glaring at him. I ran to the window.

"Want me to be bad? Fine." I heard him mutter. That was the last thing I remember before being knocked down and blacking out.

Branch's POV

"Let's go Timberlake," the captain said unlocking the door. I knew where we were going...to my fate.

I walked silently where they guided me, wondering what to do. Suddenly, the door in front of him slammed shut, and I heard the lock click.

"Open up!" The captain banged on the door. 

"Password," a voice said from the other side.

"I said open up!" The captain banged harder.

"Nope."

"WE GOT WORK TO DO!"

"Not even close!"

The captains face was red with fury.

"Look behind you," the voice said a looked behind me, and a Bergen was charging straight for us! I dashed out of the way as he knocked the guards unconscious. Boy and am I glad Poppy befriended them!

"C'mon Branch, move it!" The Bergen said. We ran around the corner to a group of Bergen's, including Gristle.

"You, me, and Bridget are going to get out of here while the other take out the guards," Gristle said. 

"Got it!" I said running with them outside.

"Let's go save Poppy!" Bridget yelled.

Time skip...

"Go go go!" Gristle yelled at me, we were at the entrance to the kingdom, and I knew how to get to Poppy's pod. 

I had grabbed a wagon from the village and was pushing it along to the pod.

Poppy's POV

I woke up with my head hurting. "Nhdnhm," I groaned. There was a gag in my mouth!

"This was your choice," a Creek said in front. Of me. I realized I was gagged and chained to a table! My hair was loose as well.

"MHMMNHMN!" I tried to yell, but the cloth restricted me.

"Poppy! POPPY!" A voice yelled from outside. Branch!

"Right on time," Creek said, pulling a dagger from his hair.

My eyes widened in shock. He wouldn't...would he? Why does he even have it? I needed to warn Branch, but how? Petal was unconscious on the table, so I couldn't send her. Creek tossed my hair out the window for Branch to climb up.

"NMMMNMMM!!" I yelled as he came through the window. Creek was right behind him! 'Nonononononono' I thought. His eyes widened, and he dropped to the floor in pain.

"MMMMNMNM!!" I tried to yell but I couldn't! I could heal him, but there was no way Creek would let me...unless...

"Let's go Poppy, he's taken care of," Creek said, yanking my chain.

I kept pushing on the the gag till it fell out, and glared at Creek as hard as I could.

"I'll keep fighting! As long as I live I will FIGHT!" I said determinedly. "BUT, if you let me heal him, I'll go with you. I won't resist, fight, or run. It would be just you and me forever. That's what you want, right?" I asked pleadingly. I anxiously waited his answer.

A/N Twisted Pink is in the Amino Contesssst!