Chapter 18- Dreams Alive

Branch's POV

I pushed out one of the little rowboats into the ocean, after talking to the owner. Poppy followed me nervously, but she looked excited. I gestured to the boat. "Ladies first."

She just smiled and hopped in. I climbed in after her and Petal nestled herself on her head.

"Wow, I-I can't believe this is actually happening, it's been my dream for so long!" Poppy said, her voice shaking.

"It'll be amazing," I said.

"This has been my dream for 18 years now...what if it's not everything I thought?"

"Well, what if it is?" I countered. She looked at me.

"If it is, what-what do I do then?"

"Well, that's the great part I guess," I thought aloud. "You get to find a new dream."

"Yeah, I guess so," she replied, gazing back at starry night sky. "...Here," she said. She handed me the tiara. I'd completely forgotten about it! "Thank you, for bringing me here!" 

"Thank you, for helping me...learn to make a friend," I beamed at her.

In the castle...

King Peppy sadly opened the balcony doors. Princess Poppy's friends, now all grown up, followed him. They hung their heads as each of us was given a gumdrop. They lit them one by one.

Peppy released the first lantern into the sky, bringing light with it. The others let theirs go as well, and the whole kingdom was lit up with he glowing gumdrops. A tear slid down King Peppy's cheek.

"Please come home, princess."

In the boat...

Poppy's POV

I placed flowers in a heart shape in the water below us. Branch had a basket of them from the girls who braided my hair. In the reflection of the still water, I saw a single green dot. Then a pink one. Then a yellow and a purple one. I glanced up taking in a breath, knowing exactly what they were. I bounded up to the edge of the boat, rocking everything, but I didn't care. The gumdrops were right there! I sighed happily.

A/N Little doodle, tried to make a glowing effect

A/N I don't feel like writing the lyrics

I looked at Branch and he cracked a smile. This was the first time I'd heard him sing. Petal hid herself in my hair as we got closer...

Suddenly My hair heated up and a flash of blue burst out from Branch's hair, knocking the boat haywire and both of us falling into the water.

Branch's POV

We were in the boat together and the next we were in water! I surfaced and looked for Poppy. "Poppy!" I called. I saw her pink braid on the surface, slowly sinking. I swam over to her and grabbed her. I swan her into the boat and pushed it back to land. Petal buzzed around her head worriedly. I picked up the unconscious troll and set her on the ground. "You okay?" I asked, breathing a sigh of relief. Her eyes fluttered open.

"Yeah, but my head really hurts," she groaned. "Why did your hair glow?" she asked me.

"My hair glowed?" I asked, touching it.

"Yeah, blue," she replied. Then I remembered that the Moonstone was still in my hair. "Wait, that wasn't me, it was the Moonstone!" 

"Wait what?" Poppy asked, holding her head. 

"Wait here, I'll be right back," I said going toward the boat to return it. I really needed to clear my head.

Poppy's POV

I watched him go, my heart full. I'd lived my dream, and I felt I was floating on clouds! I sat up and hugged my hair. "Oh Petal, we have to...go back," I realized. He squeaked sadly. "We'll always have a friend though!" I said, referring to Branch.

"Will you though?" A voice said behind me.