Chapter 21- Pain

A/N Sorry for not updating in while, but I'm kinda tossing around ideas for an ending :)

Poppy's POV

"Fine," Creek sighed, letting go of the chains. I scampered over to my friend, who was lying on the floor in pain.

"Branch! Are you okay?" I asked, even though I knew full well the answer. I pulled away his hand, which was covering a bleeding wound. I winced, I wasn't used to seeing blood. I quickly grabbed my hair and dumped it on the cut, and wrapped my hand in it.

"You don't have all day," Creek said, tapping the floor with his foot impatiently.

I put my wrapped hand over the mound of hair and tumbled the incantation from my mouth.

Branch's POV

Even though it hurt so much, I knew I couldn't leave Poppy with Creek, she'd miss out on her whole life! As she sang, I grabbed a nearby scrapbooking scissors and took her hair. She stopped singing and looked at me in dead confusion. I smiled sadly and, in one snip, chapped the magic hair, and it fell to the floor.

Poppy's POV

"NOOO!" I heard Creek's voice behind me. I gasped as I held my fading hair, the lively orangey-pink color to a duller fuchsia. How could he? That was the only way to save him! The color continued to die out inch by inch. Creek grabbed the hair in an attempt to save himself, but it was hopeless. His teal hair faded to a grayer shade, and his skin wrinkly and grayer, and his eyes old and tired. I couldn't help but stare at his true appearance, as gray on the inside as he is on the outside.

Since he was staggering around, Petal pushed his through the trapdoor, and by instinct, my hands wanted to save him. 

I was not expecting that at all.

I stared at the window, the place where Creek had fallen. I was in shock, but I remembered the situation and turned to my friend.

"No, nonono," I muttered. My eyes burned with tears. Petal landed on his shoulder and squeaked sadly.

"Branch, don't go," I pleaded, not wanting to accept it. He just smiled and whispered something. I leaned my ear to his mouth, but couldn't make anything out of it. The tears began sliding down my face. He closed his eyes and let out his final breath.

My world had never felt so empty and gray as I let my colors drain away, leaving me gray and lonely.

The tears dripped down my face, leaving a wet mess on my face, as I opened my voice to let out my feelings to myself.

"♩♫♩♩...

"You with the sad eyes,

Don't be discouraged.

Oh I realize, 

It's hard to take courage,

In a world full of people.

You can lose sight of it all,

The darkness inside you,

Can make you feel so small."

The tears kept sliding down my face. I reached into his hair, pulling out the Moonstone. I felt I should keep it as a reminder of him. As soon as I touched it, it glowed blindingly and energy shot out from it. Petal and I were thrown backward, and I was levitated off the ground. I felt the magic of the Moonstone tingle all over my body. My hair was floating upward and it began to glow orange once more. Suddenly I dropped to the floor, while the Moonstone kept glowing in the air, the orange swirls pulsating around it. I felt weak as my energy was pulled from me into the glowing mess, and I dropped myself to the floor, unconscious.

A/N I know this was really short, but I wanted to leave it at a cliffhanger 🙃