Chapter 9- See the world!...?

Poppy's POV

"I did it! I actually did it!" I jumped up and down with glee. 

The stranger walked out from the leafy vines toward me. "I'm sorry, I never got your name Pinkie," he told me.

"Oh! sorry," I realized I never introduced myself. "I'm Poppy!"

He looked shocked, but shook it off. "I-I'm Branch," he said, his blue eyes looking away.  

Then my mind wandered to what Creek would think. "Wait, what was I thinking? Creek is gonna be so mad!

"It's okay," I told myself later. "This won't kill him."

"Oh my gosh, this would kill him!

"This is so amazing! I'm never going back!

"I have to go back!

"I feel great!

"I'm awful.

"I just can't anymore!" I groaned, putting my face in my hands. 

Branch's POV

"Well Pinkie, I can't not notice you're feeling a bit...off," I remarked behind her. 

"Well, yeah," she responded uncertainly.

"You know what you need? Some cheering up!"

"Are-are you gonna cheer me up?" she asked doubtfully.

"Nope. But I'll take ya somewhere that will," I answered. I needed to get rid of her, because I'm pretty sure she's the lost princess, but I'm not sure. She's probably safer at her pod than with me, but if I took here to the castle, I'd probably get arrested.

She sniffled and stood up, snapping me out of my thoughts. "Okay," she said. Suddenly, the bushes behind me rustled, and I turned around. 

"Is it lions? Bears? Have they come for me?" she bounced onto me and hid her face in my hair. I was so glad she couldn't see my face, because it probably was as purple as a plum. I could have sworn I heard her mutter, "Mmmm, blackberries." She poked her face out and stared at the creature. It was a bunny. A cute, little, white, bunny. She hopped down from my hair and apologized for jumping on me. 

"S'okay," I shrugged it off. "Anyway, let's go."

Poppy's POV

I wondered where Branch was taking me, he said it would cheer me up.

"Well, here we are!" he exclaimed, although he didn't sound too happy about it. 

*THUMP THUMP* the ground shook. I squealed and snatched out my frying pan from my hair. I hid behind Branch, looking everywhere.

"Who goes there?" a gravelly voice asked. 

"Branch!" Branch yelled upward. I followed his gaze up to a creature who towered over us by at least 3 feet. I gulped down the fear I had because I trusted Branch, and lowered my frying pan

A/N Sorry for the super short chapter, I'm really busy, but will keep updating. Bye for now!