Chapter 19- Lies and Truths

Poppy's POV

I whipped around, ready to punch whoever spoke. "C-Creek?"

"Hello Popps," he said. I wasn't ready to go back yet!

"But, why are you here?" I asked, knowing the likely answer.

"Let's go home," he said.

"But, Bra-"

"You think he cares? He's gone!" Creek exclaimed. "He's not coming back! Look!"

He pointed at a shadow holding something that looked like the tiara.

"What? No, he wouldn't," I said, unwilling to believe it. I knew he was my friend!

"The world is a cruel place, I tried to warn you. People aren't what they seem," he said.

My heart shattered, I thought I was getting a taste of the real world! Tears began to stream down my face, and Creek hugged me. I hugged him tightly, never wanting to let go again. Petal nuzzled my cheek sadly. I felt Creek shift, and I looked at him and him appeared to drop his hand from waving. I ignored it though. Suddenly I heard yelling in the distance.

"GET HIM!"

"Let's go Poppy!" Creek said, taking my hand and running. I followed after him in fear.

Branch's POV

"Okay Poppy I'm ba-" she was gone! "Poppy?" I yelled in the darkness. Without warning, someone tackled me, pulling me to the ground. "Hey!"

"I got him!" My attacker yelled.

"Great, let's take him to the castle," another troll said. These must be the castle guards! But I wasn't worried about myself, I was much more worried about Poppy.

Poppy's POV

The familiar landscape of the little cave finally came into view. I mentally sighed, knowing everything would now be exactly the same. I was still sad that Branch wasn't what he said he was, I really thought he was my friend.

"Come along Poppy, back to our safe, safe pod," Creek said, gesturing into the cave, pulling away the vines.

"Yes sir," I said, trudging to the entrance to my home.

In the pod...

I flopped down on my bed exhausted and hurt. The day was amazing at first, and then completely fell downhill. Petal squeaked at me and pushed into my hair. She pulled out the little flag of the kingdom crest.

(Thanks Anagelic for the picture, I changed my mind about mine:/)

I held the flag in my hand fingering the silky fabric. I glanced around at the galleries on the walls in my room. The hairy pink walls were full of felt pieces and dry paint in swirling images of my imagination. I looked carefully at one of them, a picture of me and Petal, and there was the kingdom crest, made from my hands holding him! As I glanced at each one of my pictures, every one of them had the kingdom crest implemented into it.

"But how? I've never even seen the kingdom crest before, and all my art had it inside!" I said shocked. Petal shrugged. Suddenly, a memory hit me when I was much younger. 

I was lying in bed with the kingdom crest hanging above me as a good luck charm.

I gasped and fell backward.

"Poppy! I made some chocolate hazelnut pudding!" Creek called.

Normally I would be very excited, but realization hit me,

They've lost their princess?

I'm the Lost Princess.

A/N I know I haven't updated this too much but expect some more updates soon!