Chapter 11- The Dam

A/N Just a fact, Poppy, Creek, and Branch don't have hug bracelets, but Poppy and Branch will get some in the end.

Branch's POV

"Where is Timberlake?! Where is he?!" the captain shouted.

'Stall, stall, please stall' I pleaded in my head.

Suddenly, a hand was placed on the table we were hiding under. Poppy clasped my hand. I glanced up, it was Gristle! He gestured to follow him. The other Bergens were stalling for us. Gristle pushed a button and a small passageway opened. Who knew these Bergens were smarter than they looked?

"Live your dream," Gristle said.

"Aw, thanks!" Poppy smiled at him, and I couldn't help but feel a bit jealous. She hugged him and followed me down the passage. I grabbed two stones and lit a stick to make a torch.

"So, why don't you sing?" Poppy asked me. I didn't answer. "Why are you so gray?"

"Shhh," I said, hoping to shush her.

"I won't tell, I'm a..." she continued.

Suddenly, I heard a faint sound and turned my ears toward it.

"SHHHH!" I said for real this time, covering her mouth. The ground began to shake, and I dropped the torch.

"Branch?" Poppy said.

"Uhh..."

"Branch?" she said louder.

"RUN!" I yelled. We both took off toward the exit.

"TIMBERLAKE!" the captain yelled behind us. I gathered as much of Poppy's hair as I could and ran faster.

"Whoa whoa whoa!" Poppy yelled teetering off the edge of a cliff. I grabbed her arm and yanked her back.

"Who is that guy?" Poppy asked me.

"Um, let's just say, he hates me," I said quickly.

"GET BACK HERE!" we heard from the cave.

"Here." A frying pan smack against my stomach. 'What do I do with this? ' I thought. She threw her hair to a beam handing from the nearby dam. The guards emerged from the cave, and I could only hold the frying pan up in defense.

*CLANG* A guard fell at my feet. I stared at the frying pan and used it like a sword, and every guard fell unconscious.

"Wow, I'm so getting one of these!" I exclaimed in surprise.

"Branch!" Poppy yelled, tossing me her hair. I caught it and held on to it tight. She yanked on it and I swung off the cliff to the side she was standing on. Some of the guards had regained consciousness and were pushing a beam to the other side so they could cross.

"C'mon Pinkie!" I yelled, pushing her along. Her pet critter, Petal I think, tugged on her hair. It flew over to me and and grabbed the frying pan I was holding and dumped it in Poppy's hair.

"Branch, that cave!" Poppy yelled. I followed her gaze to a small opening ahead of us.

Suddenly, the wall holding the dam up crashed down, and a huge wave of water came down, washing away everything.

"Run!" I yelled.

Poppy's POV

We ran as fast as our legs could carry us, and Petal buried herself in my hair. I could hear the water crashing behind us.

'5 feet...3 feet....2 feet...' I counted in my head as we neared the cave. I felt all my hair being picked up, by Branch. He shoved everything in the cave as a huge boulder fell from the top of the cave, trapping us in. The water began to slowly leak in. Petal flew out of my hair and nestled on my shoulder, trying to comfort me.

"Oh no, no, no!" I realized the water would keep rising till we drowned!

Branch tried to find a way out through the rocks. The water was up to our knees now.

"Ow!" Branch yelped. I glanced at him and winced. The sharp rocks had given him a gash across his arm. It began to bleed a bit. The water was past our waists now.

I glanced at my surroundings and the situation. Tears burned in my eyes.

"I-I'm sorry Branch, this is all my fault."

"No it's not your fault, just some unfortunate circumstances," Branch comforted me.

"No, no, Creek was right, I wasn't ready for the world. Now we're both gonna die and it's all my fault!" I began to cry harder, tears dropping down into the water that was up to our chests now. "I'm sorry I never got to help you get your colors back, or give you back your tiara." I lamented.

"I lost my colors when my grandma died," Branch revealed. "Way back when I was 4."

Petal popped out, ready to listen. I looked at him, water up to my neck. Was he about to finally tell me his past, now?

The next two chapters are gonna be so fun to write, get ready Broppy fans! I'm gonna add some drawings in too;)