Chapter 3- The Floating Gumdrops

A/N - I had no idea what to substitute the lanterns with, so I chose gumdrops:) If you have any better ideas, please say in the comments! Also, this is a really short chapter.

Poppy's POV

I quietly tiptoed past Creek's bed, where he was snoring loudly. I guess he was tired after throwing me another home-birthday party. But even after 2 years, I still wish others could come to visit. I opened the small trapdoor in the side of the wall and rested my head on the windowsill, staring dreamily at the lights floating in the dark sky. Even last year on my birthday, there would be floating lights in the sky, and, I feel there for me. But I guess that's silly. No one knows about me, I'm just a little village girl born with powers, who has lived all her life in this pod. My dream is to someday have Creek take me out into the world to experience the glowing lights in the sky up in person. But I'm a bit nervous to ask him, because he forbids me of ever leaving. 

3rd Person POV

The next year, two days before Poppy's birthday, Creek woke up and brushed his teeth. He got ready to go to the kingdom, because they need food. 

"Creek, Creek, Creek!" Poppy yelled. 

"Yes Pops?" he sighed. "I need to get going," 

"Can I come with you? I want to see the floating lights!" Poppy blurted.

Creek glared at her. "You are never to leave the pod, okay?" he said sternly.

"Okay, sir," Poppy said glumly, hanging her head.

"But, I will make chocolate hazelnut pudding (aka Nutella;))for your birthday," Creek said, hoping to make her feel better. She brightened. 

"Okay!" She said happily. She threw a rope out the window and Creek hooked up. She lowered him out the window and watched him leave through the cave. As soon as he was out of sight, she dropped her happy expression. 'Someday, I'll get out there' she thought to herself, as she pulled in the rope.