Chapter 15- Music of the Night

A/N Welp, this world just got crazyyyyyyy!
Poppy's POV

I'm not sure how much time passed, but I woke up sometime later, while it was still midnight. The moon was right above us. I sat up and glanced on the other side of the campfire, where Branch was fast asleep. For some reason, I never slept, the incantation drained my energy till I blacked out! I couldn't help but feel the urge to sing, I love to sing! It helps me to relax and fall asleep. I pulled out the ukulele I made years ago. I keep it in my hair at all times, in case of music emergencies. I closed my eyes and began to softly play a melody. The words came out of my mouth without me even realizing.

"Stars, shining bright above you-"

Branch's POV

"Really? Seriously? More singing?" I asked, sitting up. I had woken up to some sort of stringed instrument playing. I'd ignored it, but now her singing was annoying.

"Yes seriously! Singing helps me relax. Maybe you out to try it," she said, adjusting her hair-bed.

"I don't sing," I said, as unemotionally as I could. I didn't want her prying into my life, she already knows why I lost my colors. I turned away from her and laid down.

"♪♫♫♩♪♫♫♩" notes interrupted yet again. I turned around and sat up, glaring at her. Her little pet sat right next to me and smirked.

"Hello darkness, my old friend

I've come to talk with you again

Because a vision softly creeping

Left its seeds while I was sleeping

And the vision that was planted in my brain

Still remains

Within the sound of silence ♪♫♫♩"

I stood up and faced her. "May I?" I asked politely. She smiled and without hesitating handed me the ukulele. I tossed it in the fire, with sad string sounds popping. I really didn't want to do that, but her music was really getting on my nerves. I heard her sigh sadly.

Poppy's POV
I sighed. When was I going to show him he could be more positive? I sat back down in and covered myself in my hair, which was comfier than it looked. I knew Branch wasn't actually sleeping, because we wasn't snoring lightly like he was earlier. That meant he'd get mad at me if I started to sing again. I pulled out the paper Branch had given me with the written incantation. For some reason, I couldn't look at it without saying it, I was drawn to it and couldn't pull away.

"Wither and decay,
End this destiny,
Break these earthly chains,
and set the spirit free.
Wither and decay,
End this destiny,
Break these earthly chains,
And set the spirit free."

The more I said it, the words kept pouring out of my mouth. My hair began to glow and pulsate black and blue, and my skin turned bluish purple. I felt myself standing up, even though I didn't want to. Out of the corner of my eye, I saw Branch sit up and open his mouth...which dropped open in pure shock. Suddenly, I began to sing, and I had no control over myself as the song controlled me.

"Wither and decay,
End this destiny.
Break these earthly chains,
and set the spirit free.
With each passing day,
Take sight so it cannot see.
Break these earthly chains.
And set the spirit free.

Branch's POV
I watched Poppy being overtook my the incantation, something I'd never seen or heard of before. A fear was clinging onto me, a fear I can't explain. Poppy's hair began to spread out, withering everything it touched, and I carefully avoided it as I made my way to her.
"POPPY!" I yelled. I'm pretty sure she couldn't hear me, so I shoved some berries I found earlier in her mouth to make her stop singing. Her hair reverted to its usual pinkish orange color, and her skin pink. Her eyes closed and she fell to the ground. Her pet bug flew over to us, it had been hiding with me ever since she began to recite the song. It nudged her cheek, and nestled next to her. She was breathing, and her pulse was steady, so she wasn't dead, thank goodness. I decided to let her sleep, because that song must have really drained her. I walked back to my sleeping bag and laid down, though I knew I wouldn't be sleeping for a while. (A/N Who does this remind me of...Mia-)All the histories and legends my grandma told me come flooding back to me, but none of them said anything about the Sundrop and the Moondrop being joined. All I knew was if they were reunited, it could be great or extremely destructive. My thoughts and questions kept coming-
"Why did her hair react that way?
"Is it just her hair that's magical?
"What would happen if she touched the Moonstone?
"Can she control herself while reciting?
" Is it safe for her to know the incantation?

A/N What are your thoughts? What do you think will happen if she's overtaken by the Moonstone? (Think Rock Zombie)