12

Polly wanted to take an earlier morning trip to pops. Knowing Polly she always asked her sister if she wanted anything. Polly hummed as she unlocked her sisters door,
"Betty do you want-" she stopped when she saw the scene in the bedroom. Jughead in his boxers, and Betty in his shirt. Tears swelled in Polly's eyes, "mom!" She cried, "mom come here!" Alice rushed up the stairs. Betty's eyes fluttered open as well as Jughead's.
"What what's wrong-" Alice scolded the two when she saw what was going on. Betty put her head in her hands. "You know jughead, I really liked you, but now...I want you off of my property right the hell now!" Alice yelled, "go!" Jughead took a long look at Alice and Polly before slipping on his jeans and climbing out the window.

"You." Alice pointed a finger at betty. At this point Polly had left Betty's room and entered into her own. "I can't believe I raised you to be- a-" she paused "a whore." Betty stared at her mom.
"What?" Betty stuttered.
"You heard me!" She yelled.
"Jughead and Polly aren't even together anymore." Betty told her.
"Jughead broke Polly's heart, what was your goal betty?" "Where you trying to gloat?" Alice tempted.
"What? No." Betty began to cry.
"You have no right to cry right now." Alice shouted.
"And Polly does? Polly cheated on jughead, she told me." She looked her mother in the eye as Alice scoffed. "Of course you don't believe me, because it always the same, mom." Betty wipes her hand across her face.
"What are you talking about?"
"You live Polly more than me!" Betty yelled.
"No I do not!" Alice told her.
"Open your eyes mom! I'm unwanted, you guys treat her like a princess." Betty caught her breath, "meanwhile the only one listens to me is jughead!"
"Jughead was Polly's and you stole that from her." Alice continued.
"What about what I want, and about what Jughead wants? We want each other mom!" She yelled.
"Elizabeth-"
"No! I don't want to hear it, you don't even realize that you favor Polly more than me, and the one time I found an outlet...it's all of a sudden Polly property?" Alice didn't respond so betty got up and put on some shorts.
"Where are you going?" Alice asked sternly.
"Outside, I need some air." And left the room without another word.

Betty traced her finger on her dad's cigarette box on the kitchen table...
"Fuck it." She whispered and stuffed the pack into her bra.

Peace and love! Be kind.
-Lena