14

They sat in that position for a while, they were both soaked but they didn't care.

Their heads lifted at the presence of Alice Cooper. She was wearing a purple rain coat and a clear umbrella, standing over the two.
"Mom?" Betty said quietly.
"I'm so sorry." Alice looked as if she were about to cry. Jughead looked up at Alice and then over at betty. He felt that it was the right time to exit the conversation by walking a few feet away, giving Betty and her mom some time alone once again.

Betty looked up at her mother.
"Sorry? You're sorry? Well I've been feeling sorry for myself for the past seventeen years of my life, mom."  Alice sat down next to her.
"I wish I knew how you felt, I never meant to favor either of you." Alice tried.
"But you did, and I've been facing my whole life feeling unloved and unwanted." Betty looked at her.
"That was never my intention-" Alice started.
"Then what was your intention?" Betty stared at her mom.
"I love you, Betty." Alice confessed.
"What?" Betty asked.
"I love you." She repeated.
"I haven't heard you say that to me in years." Betty explained.
"I wish I said it often, I wish I-"
"You can wish all you want mom, but you can't take anything back, and you have to understand that." Betty stood up and walked away.
"So that's it?" Alice's eyes filled with tears, as they spewed down her face.
"Excuse me?" Betty turned around.
"You're just gonna push me away?" Alice asked.
"Isn't that what you did?" Betty walked toward jughead as he draped an arm over her shoulder.
"I'm sor-" Betty cut him off,
"I've heard that word way too many times today." Betty told him.
"Pops?" Jughead suggested.
"I'd like that." Betty replied.

Betty's face fell into her hands.
"Do you want to talk about it?" Jughead asked.
"No." She didn't pick her head up.
"Betty-"
"I'm soaked, and cold, and tired, and hungry, and I don't want to talk about this anymore." Betty lifted her head to look at jughead.
"I'm guessing you don't want to go home." He asked.
"Anywhere but there." She said.
"We could go to my place after..."  betty looked out the window, "I'll lend you another t shirt." He told her. Betty looked back at him and nodded.
"Okay."

PEACE AND LOVE! Be kind.
- Lena