9

Betty has her head rested on his shoulder. The end credits filled the screen as "my heart will go on" played in the background, at this point betty and Jughead were the only ones at the drive in, even the workers had packed up and left.
"Well...since we're the only ones here...can I have this dance?" He smiled at held out his hand. Betty giggled and stood up. Jughead positioned his hands on her waist, pulling her closer. "I'm sorry it took so long for me to do this." She smiled and nodded at him.
"It's okay." She replied, "we're here now." He smiled in response,
"I guess we are." Jughead swayed their body to the sound of the beat. Jughead didn't notice it but he was staring at her.
"What?" She questioned. He shook his head,
"I spent all my time with your sister, when I could've had an exciting time with you." Betty tilted her head in confusion.
"What do you mean?"
"Polly never wouldn't have danced like this with me." He smiled.
"Despite what you've heard Jughead Jones...but I've always been more fun." She winked at him. He chuckled.
"Well despite what you've heard is much rather be writing in the blue and gold than scoring touchdowns and homeruns." Betty laughed at him.
"But you're so good at it."
"But the blue and gold has so many special features...like you and a hobby I actually enjoy." She narrowed her eyes,
"You...like writing?" She asked in disbelief.
"When the blue and gold first became available, I was so excited and then I started dating polly and.." they slowed the pace.
"Oh..." "you could always do both." Her lips parted into a smile.
"I guess I could...especially seeing you in the crowd..." he got closer to her face, "cheering me on...or maybe you can join the vixens." His lips got close to her ear as he whispered seductively, "in that tight uniform." Jughead chuckled slightly when he noticed the affect he had on her. She bit her lip. He backed away. She smiled at him,
"What are we?" She asked.
"Whatever you want,baby." He became fairly close again, "I wonder what your family must think of me...dropping one cooper for the other." He clicked his teeth. He backed away again, looking into her eyes. He pulled out a blue ring pop from his jacket pocket.
"Elizabeth cooper...will you be my girlfriend?" He asked as he got on one knee.
"You're such a dork." Betty laughed.
"Are you rejecting me right now? That diary of yours would be very disappointed in you." He shook his head.
"Jughead, as much as I would love to be your girlfriend...how do we tell people?" Her smile faded away.
"That's a question I can answer later...but this night isn't over." He winked and shook back up, sliding the candied ring onto her slim fingers.
"Oh yeah?" She smirked.
"Come on, I want to take you somewhere." Jughead gripped her hand excitedly, with a dorky smile painted on his face.
"Is this where you take all of your hookups?" Betty asked.
"No, no, no, nobody comes here but me, this is where I do all my writing." He confessed.
"I'm still surprised you write." She laughed.
"And I'm still surprised I didn't take you here sooner...come on." He dragged her to a bench.
"It's a...bench?" She was confused.
"It's not just any bench...okay maybe it is." He sat down. She giggled at him and sat next to him.
"So when can I read your stuff?" She asked laying her had on his lap.
"I never said you could any of my work." He looked down at her.
"Yes, but I'm also your girlfriend and I-" she was cut off by Jughead,
"I didn't know you said yes." He smirked at her. She looked him in the eyes and sucked on her ring pop. They laughed at each other, under the street light. Jughead pulled out a pocket knife from his jacket pocket,
"What the fuck Jughead!" Her body shot up. Jughead put a finger over her mouth,
"Shhh." Betty was confused, and it was obvious by her facial expression. He took the finger from her mouth. Jughead took Betty's pointer finger and placed it on the bench, tracing the texture. She looked at him. Jughead intertwined their fingers, as he carved out their initials onto the bench.
"You know that's going to be there forever right?" He looked at her as she spoke.
"So?" He smirked.
"So...we might as well put a smiley face." She winked and took the knife out of his hands.
"Be careful with that."
"I'm not as innocent as I look." She carved a tiny, heart next to the. 'J'
"I thought you were drawing a smiley face." He smirked and put his arm around her.
"I changed my mind." She sunk into his arms, and he kissed her on the side of the head.