Her

So, that went well.

I let the pale creams of the walls flash past as she scrambles to the stairs. I let her run. At this point in our lives, I've learnt not interfere. Not when there's no use. If I didn't interfere at all, we'd be long dead by now. Why doesn't she realise that she needs me? Grudgingly, I remain the spectator, looking on as her feet fumble upwards step by step. Until she can move no longer. It's obvious to me that Dr. Light isn't trustworthy, so I don't know why she doesn't take the hint. Anyone associated with Doctor Steele or anyone at that hospital must be treated with caution. On her part, anyway. My part, not so much. All those years, in the back of her mind, while she was under the spell of my indifference, I was busy. Very busy. Planning. Although, I much prefer being more spontaneous, especially when the mood strikes me. Honestly, what did he expect on our first session? For the other me to smile and bat her eyelashes, telling him everything he wanted to know? It's all happening a little too quickly for me, us. I know something is up, even if she doesn't. Our intercostal muscles dance wearily, our shared heart almost unable to pump. Running out like a drama queen really took its toll on her. Not me. I wouldn't be panting up those stairs. I wouldn't have run. I wish she'd be more careful though, this is my body too she's screwing up. Sighing, she slumps against the bannister. She's always done this, always given up so easily. It proves quite difficult to keep the frustration at bay. Think of having a sister, one that shares your body, mind and organs. Intimate. Constantly intimate. But we exist, together. Co-exist in one body, one mind, one life. It's really not as fun as its sounds. She's always been the weaker of the two of us. That's fine. Only one us can be strong. Shame. Only one of us can come out on top and it's going to be me. When the other me makes no move to stand, I edge towards control central. Mother's steps are absent from the hardwood floor, so she's still talking with Light. I flex my hold on our mind, but I don't need to test my limits anymore. I have none. Snaking a fog across her mind, I manoeuvre our legs, force us to stand. I let her keep the tears though. She's the weaker link, and she's needs to remember that. The tears are just a friendly reminder that she's doesn't deserve to live, only survive. As our body shakes into a standing position, I have to fight to move our legs up the stairs. I don't know about her, but I am not content with sitting here and waiting for the wolves to come. Doing nothing. Taking everything. 

I'm a big girl now and it's not a game anymore.

 Even if it is, I am resolved to win.