Chapter 8: Nose Bleed

Y/N's Pov:

"Hey Court, did Damien get the spider out of our room?" I ask before stepping into our room.

Courtney looks confused, "I didn't know there was a spider in our room."

"But Damien said- hm." Courtney just looks at me and I shrug. We walk into our room and both flop down our beds. "You did really good today, by the way," Courtney says.

"Thanks. I think I'm getting used to being on camera." I smile, "Tomorrow we're filming the catch your meal and Dead Light Green Light, right?"

Courtney nods. I take a quick shower and crawl into bed, Courtney does the same. We turn off the lights and then about every five minutes Courtney tells a joke to see if I'm still awake. I keep laughing and worrying that I'm going to disturb someone in another room.

I wake up before my alarm and change into my apocalypse clothes, and do my hair. I put my hair up in pigtails and tie a bandana around my head just like I did yesterday. I then hear Courtney's alarm go off and she groans.

"Rise and shine!" I say.

"I don't want to rise. And I'm definitely not shining." Courtney mumbles, getting out of bed. I leave the room and almost run into Damien who's leaving his room too.

"You didn't help Courtney with a spider in our room." I cross my arms.

"Oh... um, yeah. That was just my excuse because I was actually gonna... go skinny dipping." He stutters.

"Shayne and I were at the pool though." I say, not letting him break eye contact.

"Right... I meant donut dipping. I made donuts." He smiles cautiously. I slowly nod, not believing a word he says, "Okay... Should we get some breakfast?"

"Yes. Breakfast is a good idea." He starts walking away and I follow him.

After breakfast, we start filming Dead Light Green Light. The rules seem complicated but they're actually not, it's just a mashup of a couple of different games. Mushroom Clout is chosen to be the zombies first and put on their masks so they can't see. My team spreads out and the music stops. Keith almost touches me but I bend over so his hand goes right over my stomach and then the music starts again. Pretty soon almost everyone on my team is out, except for me and Wes. Shayne is running around screaming to distract Mushroom Clout. When the music starts again Wes waves me over and tells me to get on his shoulders. I do, and since he's so tall, if someone were to find him they probably wouldn't touch me. We stay like this for two rounds and then Wes gets caught. He lowers me off his shoulders and the music starts again.

"One player left!" Sarah announces.

I curl up in a ball and sit in one spot until Courtney eventually trips over me.

"Okay! That is everyone out on ToxiciTea! Switch position and we'll get onto the next round! Sarah yells.

Lasercorn hands me his zombie mask to put on but it doesn't fit over my pigtails so I have to take them out, leaving my hair looking quite weird. I put the mask on and the smell isn't exactly pleasant. Very sweaty. The music starts and I try to listen for people moving around but it's hard to hear. The music stops and I immediately run into someone.

"I am so sorry. Unless you're on the opposite team in which case, ha I got you." I say.

"Nope, it's just me." I hear Ian say.

"Darn it."

We get everyone out fairly quickly except for Keith. For some reason, we just couldn't catch him for a while. Mushroom Clout ended up winning thanks to Keith. I think Shayne ran into Wes's crotch head first, but I'm not sure. After we finish shooting, Ian, Mari, and Matt Raub go to record a podcast and the rest of us have a bit of free time before lunch so we decide to check out the pool since it's freshly cleaned.