Chapter 19: Driving - Part 1

Y/N's POV:

I lock my apartment door and run outside to Courtney's car. She's parked really badly on the side of the road.

"Hey! Hop in." Courtney says as she unlocks her car doors. I get in and sit on a plastic water bottle which I then toss over my shoulder and into the backseat. "So... You and Shayne?" Courtney says raising her eyebrows.

I laugh, "What about us?"

"C'mon! You guys kissed yesterday! You have to give me something, I'm dying here!" Courtney says, pulling out onto the street.

"It was just a simple kiss, and then we agreed that it probably shouldn't have happened." I reply plainly.

"Okay but like, what did you guys do? Like what kind of kiss was it? Where were you? Standing or sitting? Details, Y/N, I need details!" Courtney whines.

"Okay okay, um... We were watching TV, he kissed me, I kissed him back, I was on his lap, his hands were on my hips, then we stopped and laughed about it. Good enough?" I laugh.

"Well, I don't think I'm going to get any more out of you so I guess it's good enough." Courtney sighs, "By the way, I think you're going to be having a surprise at work today."

"What?" I ask.

"I don't know too much about it but you need to not freak out when it happens." Courtney replies simply.

"Ummmm, that's kinda concerning!" I laugh nervously.

Courtney just smiles and doesn't say anything more about this 'surprise'. We pull into the Mythical parking lot and walk into the office. Damien greets us as soon as we walk in.

"Hey, guys! Today is a good day!" Damien smiles.

"Why?" Courtney asks, narrowing her eyes at him.

"Just because. You need to be more positive." Damien replies.

"Right, I'll put that on my to-do list." Courtney laughs.

"Anyway, we have a writer's meeting that we're all supposed to attend to pitch ideas for new sketches. It's in like, fifteen minutes." Damien says looking at his watch.

"Oh right, I forgot about that... I think I have time to walk to the Starbucks down the street, do you guys want anything?" I ask.

"Hold on I'll text the squad." Courtney says, pulling out her phone, "Okay, three iced coffee's, two caramel fraps."

"I'm good but thanks for the offer!" Damien smiles.

"Got it. I'll be right back!" I wave and head out the doors. I end up jogging to the Starbucks, just to make sure I get back in time.

"Next!"

"Hi, can I get three iced coffee's, two caramel frappuccinos, and one pink drink?" I say to the worker.

"Sure thing, name?"

"Y/N." They nod and turn away to make the drinks. When I hear my name called I grab the two trays of drinks and walk back to the office, careful not to spill them.

When I get back to the office the Smosh Squad is already in the meeting room sitting in a group on one side of the table, but the meeting hasn't started yet. I set down the trays in front of them and they all grab their drinks.

"Thanks, bb!" Olivia says.

"Thank you!" Noah and Keith say in unison.

"Do you want us to Venmo you the money? Wait, do you have Venmo?" Courtney asks.