•7•

minjoo
it's been a couple of days of facetiming and talking to chenle and we're about to go meet up again. this time it's planned-  we're going to go to the mall!

i head downstairs after getting ready and i kinda dressed decently today.

haha i look so bright lol my personality could never relate..

after making it down the stairs, i'm about to head out the door when-

"hey neon lady, where do you think you're going?"
thank god it's you felix, i thought to myself.
"i- uh i'm going to the park! to uh have a photoshoot for myself!"
"..uhhh okayy.. girls are so weird about their pictures" i hear him mumble under his breath.

i got out the door and checked the time

1:27pm

i guess i'll be back at 5 or 6... or 7 man i don't care when do i ever think about consequences this much?? i walk over to my skateboard and head over to our small district's mall.

hyunjin
i heard minjoo's little pathetic excuse of a cover story while she was talking to felix and immediately went to tell chan. what is that little girl doing behind our backs...

"someone needs to follow her" chan says, clearly irritated.
"i'll go" jeongin said, a little too excited.
"i think i should go." minho says
"you know because i'm our spy or whatever..." he continued.

"okay. you go and follow her make sure she doesn't see you!"

...

chenle
i've been talking to mina for a bit now and i'm starting to, platonically, care about her...

no idiot you can't befriend someone that easily! remember you're apart of a gang... right...

right before i was gonna head out, our leader taeyong called us for a quick meeting.

"guys. minjoo's phone has been destroyed, which means, stray kids have found out we tapped it. remember this is the only thing we have of what she looks like."

he held up a drawing of what renjun thinks she looks like based off of lucas's description.

wait. that looks familiar... nah don't over think it lele. haha "lele" that reminds me of mina.

(whipped)

...

taeyong hyung dismisses the meeting and i went off to my hangout with mina. it's 2:00 so i should get someone to drive me if i want to meet mina at 3...

"mark hyung! hyung! hyung! can you take me to the mall? pleaseee-" i poke at the back of his head to get his attention.
"OKAY OKAYY. YOU CAN STOP NOW" mark's annoyed voice cut me off.

"why do you want to go anyway?" he starts conversation in the quiet car.
"i don't know man i might get some more clothes?" i said almost like i was questioning my own words.
"okayy.."

...

i checked my phone when i heard a notification go off.

minaaaa
yo lele wya?

almost there kid calm down :)

minaaaa
whAt? kid?? i feel offended >:| meet me at the food court brat

so rude to ur oppa </3 alr im almost there

minaaaa
ew oppar. kk dolphin boy cya

"whachu smiling at there chenle?" mark glances over and asks while drumming his fingers on the steering wheel.
"n-nothing haha just saw a funny uh tiktok.."

...

minjoo
i'm sitting in front of a mcdonalds waiting for chenle, tsk he's so late.

i see the tall cute boy walk into the entrance of the food court when we lock eyes and hug each other.

"well you're kinda 17 minutes late, yes i counted"
"sorryyy i didn't realize how far the base- i mean my house was from here!"

i swear he just said- i think i need to get my ears checked.

"finee whatever just buy me food!"
"alright fatass! i love the fit tho it reminds me of our uniforms-"
uniforms?
"i mean my old dance uniform... yeah... that" he says as if he was reading my mind.

...

minho
woah. who. is. he.

i take a couple of pictures of the unknown guy who just hugged my baby and sped off to the "dorm" as the kids like to call it.

i slam the car door and run to the meeting room where everyone was at.

"GUYS MINJOO MET UP WITH A GUY! AND THEY hugged!"

"my bABY GIRL?!"
"damn she gettin some-"
"hAN SHE'S 17"
"oh yeah"

...

everyone calmed down a bit and i showed the guys the pictures.

while we were looking at the back of this boy because he was hugging minjoo, i notice that he has some sort of tattoo above his hip, because his shirt went up, and i looked closer-

"guys." my voice comes out more annoyed than i intend it to.

all of their attention averted to me and they all payed attention as i said
"he has the nct mark"

...

minjoo
we we're just vibing and having a lot of fun. i checked my phone. uh oh it's already 6?? the sun's gonna set soon.. oof i'm gonna be in troublee

ringgg

"hello? hey hyung wassup? oh. OH. okay okay i gotchu. i didn't bring a car tho.. tell ten hyung to come get me? ok ty ty track."

"what's up?"
"i have to head home" he said with a pout
"my brother's are gonna be upset if i don't leave noww. sorryy we can hang out longer next time!"
"that's cool with me lele, i probably have to leave soon too! i have to skate home haha"

...

i head off first after hugging lele goodbye
"CALL ME WHEN U GET HOME"
i hear a loud chenle yell.
"I'M BARELY ACROSS THE STREET LELE I CAN HEAR YOU!"
"OH OKAY BYEEE"
"bye lele" i chuckle to myself.

i skated quickly and got home in a good 20 minutes. i took a little longer than usual to listen to my music and feel the fresh air.

i got to our base, threw the board over the fence, and knocked on the door. a few seconds later, a bunch of man children open the door in a hurry.

"jeez guys, what's wrong?"
"what's wrong is that you went to the m-" changbin slapped his hand over hyunjin's mouth so the rest of his sentence was muffled.

"uh.. okay?"
"you're okay right?" jeongin asks.
"of course? why wouldn't i be?"
"we know you didn't go to the park minjoo." minho says.
"i-"
"you don't have to explain. what you DO have to explain is who the guy you met up with is." chan says with a stern voice.

"he's a boy i helped when he got beat up by some crazy old man.. when i went to the store that one time.. his name is chenle.." i gave in knowing i couldn't lie to these guys without getting caught.

"we're you aware of the nct tattoo on his back?"
"wh-what?"