epilogue

???
i really can't believe it's been one whole year...

i sigh before turning around and reading the displayed name written on the tombstone one last time. kim min-

"hey... we uh.. we should get going." doyoung says as rain starts to fall.
"right..."

we walk into the black sports car and drive home.

"...you alright?" doyoung focuses his attention onto me while we're stopped on a red light.

"yeah.. i'm fine." i give the dude a half smile and the rest of the ride home is silent.

...

we get home and the rest of the members welcome us back inside with hugs.

they all split away when one member comes to the door.

"donghyuck"
"minjoo" he replies to me and gives me a big hug.

...

*bang*

everyone shuts up as the world seems to be moving in slow motion.

kim mina falls onto the floor, a bullet piercing through her head, not before shooting her gun at minjoo as a last resort.

oh my god vernon the sniper came in fucking clutch.

my body reacts before i do and i leap onto the girl tied to the chair, taking her down when mina's bullet grazes my neck. that's gonna leave a nasty scar. i scrunch my face up in discomfort.

as we land on the floor, the flimsy wooden chair breaks at the impact and everyone is quiet. or so it seems. most of the members are already on their way back to their respective bases, needing to tend to fatal wounds, leaving a couple stragglers and me holding an exhausted, bloody minjoo in my arms.

"you need to get your neck stitched up fast hyuck-"
"shh" i bury my face deeper into the crook of the girls neck, not realizing how attached i had gotten to her in the span of her going missing.

...

minjoo
that night will be forever traumatizing. but i have a new family now.

i look to my right, donghyuck holding onto me as he lightly snores. i graze my free hand over his neck, the scar he got from saving my life.

i truly dont deserve you, lee donghyuck.

...

7/16/23

"minjoo! lets get ice cream!" donghyuck, my now boyfriend of 3 years smiles after coming home unharmed from a mission.
"alright, alright! to the convenience store!"

donghyuck drives us on his motorcycle to get ice cream. or so i thought.

he takes me to the tattoo parlor and i unintentionally look at our matching collarbone tattoos we got so many years back.

"why are we here hyuck?"
"you'll see" his dimples show up on his face as he drags me into the building.

"hey guys!"
"sup renjun"

renjun, now owner of sm's tattoo parlor after amber resigned, brings us to the room in the far back. donghyuck pulls him aside and whispers in his ear.

renjun grins and nods his head while i'm sitting here, confused as fuck.

"what has my life come to?" i ask while renjun prepares his things for my mystery tattoo.

...

after a short while of stabbing my collarbone with a needle, i'm dragged to the mirror.

"the date?? you got me to tattoo todays date onto my shoulder?! hyuck!" i shake my head and turn to look at him when-

"i gave that to you so you remember the day you got engaged." there he is, one knee on the floor, looking up at me with a ring in his hand.
"wh-what?" my eyes shoot back up to see the other members trailing into the room, cheeky smiles on their faces.

"will you marry me?"
"of fucking course i will dummy!" tears well up in my eyes as he stands up to hug me. the rest of the room bursts into yells of joy.

"look at her go, miss 'iM nEvEr gEtTinG mArriEd'" ten jokes around as the other members laugh.

...

i'm sitting here, looking at my ring with chenle and lucas.

"why would you marry that dumbass?" lucas grins while observing the diamond ring.

"i guess i love him" i reply with the same grin as the three of us laugh simultaneously.

family

...

9/18/25

"hey taeyong?"
"what's up mrs. lee?" he turns around in his chair, crossing his legs.

"what's that disease- the one that has morning sickness as a symptom again?"

he sighs and shakes his head

"pregnancy, minjoo.. how many times do i have to tell you that it's not a disease." he laughs and stares jokingly in disappointment.

"welp- guess i'm pregnant" i smile and grab the positive pregnancy test from my pocket, waving it in front of my shocked leaders face.
"MINJOO'S PREGNANT?!" jisung walks in at the worst time and decides to tell the whole world.

oh god i think when a stampede of footsteps rush into the room, including donghyuck.

"surprise?"

and THANK YOU FOR READING STOCKHOLM SYNDROME! ILYGSM<3 thank you all so much for the support on this book- i never thought i would get the amount of reads that i did :) i truly am so grateful for all of you... i hope you read my future books and enjoy them just as much as this one! byee - jay