•27•

donghyuck
i sigh and grab the girl, looking towards my members, they know what i'm about to do by the look on my face. i'm finally telling her my story.

"sooo... why am i here?"
"i'm- i've finally decided that since you're my member now. i-i'll tell you my backstory."

her eyes widen and she nods her head slowly. i take a deep breath and start.

"my mom and dad had me on accident, i was a failed abortion... ahaha... they didn't want me so they treated me like shit. i was kicked out when i was 12 when my dad cheated on my mom and she didn't want me anymore. so my aunt took me in. after living with her for a couple months, she decided to get married to almost completely random stranger and he became my stepfather/uncle honestly never knew what to call him. he had a son that was close to my age and his name was ji hansol. he was the best thing that happened to me. my 'uncle' ended up murdering my aunt so hansol and i ran away."

i stop to look at her face and she was already tearing up. big baby...

"after we ran, mark found us stealing from a convenience store. he brought us to taeyong. we got tested like you did and i became the 'ace' we were happy. for the first time in my life actually. and then, almost perfectly, i met a girl. yoojin. she was my world. my everything. but one day... i saw her with lucas. lucas wasn't doing anything but yoojin, who was supposed to be my girlfriend, was sexually harassing him."

i hear my own voice start to crack and i pause. to my surprise, minjoo grabs my hand and gives it a small squeeze.

"i broke up with her and that was the beginning of the worst year of my life. hansol and i would argue about his toxic girlfriend all the time, cause i was worried that the same thing would happen to him and we fought 24/7. not even a couple months after that, we... we met stray kids. my life was ruined. i watched my brother die infront of me after protecting me. with a small smile he just said that he was sorry."

i felt a tear drop fall from my eyes.

"he told me to be strong- and i'm not. i'm weak."

"his favorite flower was a rose. so i have my tattoo as one. i'm just so sorry that i had fought with my brother, my source of happiness before he died. all because of a girl..."

i took my shirt off and showed the girl my rose tattoo going up the side of my torso.

"you know. if we lined up right, it would match..."
"i'm so sorry. i can change it- or get another one over it- oh my god i didn't know..."
"it's okay minjoo. he wouldn't want me to do that."

she hugs me and i actually cried. soaking her hoodie in my tears. i was too embarrassed to lift my head.

"yknow babe. it's okay to cry. it's okay to feel emotions. because in the end, we're all here for you."
"thank you" i let out with a quiet voice.

...

minjoo
i felt terrible. no wonder he 'hated' me so much. i'm pretty sure he's afraid of girls. poor kid. i'm gonna do everything in my power to fix him. uh what is this? a kdrama?

we- i walked out of the room to hyuckies request. before i walked in, i see the boys whispering and taking glances at the door. i stepped inside and all their heads simultaneously turn to me.

"did he tell you?"
"how is he?"
"i hope you understand why he was so hostile to you..."
"wAit?? arE YOU CRYING?!"

after chenles words, they all come up super close to my face and examine my teary eyes.

"did he say something??"
"i- i don't know honestly... i just- i said he was my least favorite without even trying to get to know him- i feel bad..." such a stupid reason for tears.
"it's okay baby. he's just trying to open up now! so you guys could get so much closer..."

...

it's almost 10 and i'm just laying in bed, thinking of nothing, when hendery bursts into my room.

"taeyong wants us in the meeting room like-" he checks his apple watch.
"OH SHIT I WAS SUPPOSED TO BRING YOU TWO MINUTES AGO- LETS GO JOO"

without a reply- he carries me and throws me on his shoulder while running up the stairs and mumbling 'no time- oh shoot i'm dead' and i actually found it amusing.

"SORRY! I'M LATE I KNOW-"
"just sit down hen."
"okay" he muttered slightly out of breath.

"we're here because i came to a realization." taeyong stands up and continues to talk with his hands behind him.
"minjoo was never really adopted by stray kids. and she's a registered minor in korea so..."
"we're adopting you!" ten pulls johnny up before taeyong could finish.

"chittaphon- i was gonna tell her"
"oops"

taeyong put his hand to his temple but continued.

"yes, surprise everyone! johnten will legally adopt minjoo until she's eighteen, and a legal adult!"

i'm shocked. i look over to my soon to be parents and slowly feel a smile grow on my face. family.

a/n- sorry. shitty chapter. my views went 📉 but i am very thankful for thise who are still reading... thank u guys. also yes the tattoo was sort of inspired by blood ink- just the lining up part tho