Laps

Aimes Pov.
Once we were all changed and in our gear, we headed out to the rink. We saw the varsity team scrimaging. 

“Wow! This place is great!” Kenny sighed.

“It’s huge!” I exclaimed

“Ya know I bet they have a snack bar here” Goldberg stated

“Big deal” Fulton retorted.

“They look pretty good,” Luis said, talking about the Varsity team.

“They’ve sure won a lot of championships,” Julie pointed out.

“They’re not so hot” Charlie shook his head.

“Come on guys we could skate out there” Connie added.

“Don’t get too cocky you two” I chuckled.

That’s when the varsity came off the ice from their practice. One boy stopped in front of us.

“If it isn’t captain ducky and his baby sister the slush princess” Riley the Varsity's captain smirked at us.

I leaped at him but Adam and Guy held me back.

“Get your hands off them” Fulton shoved him away calmly.

“Ooo look!” Cole the varsity dumbo faked fear “A Bash Brother I’m so scared” the other varsity boys chuckled.

“Break it up! Come on men let’s go” the varsity coach shoved his team away.

“How bout it cowboy round up?” I smiled at Dwayne.

“Hey Aimes shouldn’t we wait for the new coach before we mess around?” Connie asked.

“Oh yeah maybe” I mumbled

“Wait hey. This is how we practice” Charlie exclaimed “Duck hockey Connie. You’ll have to get used to it sooner or later” Charlie chuckled

We all smiled.

“Well come on Cowboy” I smiled

“Hit it!” Charlie and I chorused.

“Yee haw! Round em up doggeys!”

We all laughed and skated away. Dwayne liked to go for me first, but he could never catch me so he’d move on. He caught Adam first.

“You’re out Addy!” I laughed

“Yeah yeah” he chuckled moving to the side

He almost got Julie but Connie pushed them away.

“Watch out girls!” Dwayne laughed.

“You couldn’t hit the broad side of a barn!” Averman teased.

He was the next one to get caught.

“You’re out Averman!” Charlie yelled.

We kept skating away. Dwayne caught Fulton next.

“Aw he got Fulton!” Charlie laughed.

Dwayne tried to catch Kenny but he spun away. We all skated away. Charlie was behind me, Dwayne going after us. 

“Wohoo you’re done Charlie!” Dwayne laughed.

Dwyane caught him and he came crashing down on top of me. Charlie was heavy, let’s just say that.

“Oh way to go Spazway” I groaned and he rolled to beside me.

I was trying to get the air back in my lungs. Suddenly a whistle blew. Charlie and I saw a pair of skates stop right in front of us, he stopped in a cool way.