Thanks Guy

Aimes Pov.
Kenny and I walked into lunch together since we had last class together. We were stopped by Varsity.

“Hey little man, what have you got for lunch for us today?” Cole stole Kenny's bag of lunch.

I was lucky I got food from the cafeteria.

“Chips” Cole threw them to the group.

“Hey!” I yelled but Riley grabbed me, stopping me from doing anything.

“Some cookies” Cole threw them to the group as well.

“Stop it!” I yelled but I was still being held back.

I started to get little flashbacks, from when my real dad would grab me. I started to freak out a little, getting nervous. I struggled to get loose more.

“Hey just give it back man” Kenny sighed.

They handed him back the bag with only the sandwich still in it. I accidently kicked Riley in the shin and he let me go, groaning in pain. All I could see was my father. I was on the verge of an anxiety attack at this point. 

“What the hell” he yelled at me.

I was freaking out. I didn’t see Riley in front of me, I saw my dad, my real dad. What was going on? Why was this happening? I was used to getting smashed in hockey, why was this different? I panicked and backed up feeling a pair of arms wrap around me. I panicked more and started to struggle more but then I heard the voice of the person.

“Hey. Hey it’s okay. Aimes calm down. I’m right here it’s okay” It was Charlie.

I slammed myself into his body, feeling his arms holding me close. I sighed and started to steady my breathing.I cried into Charlies chest as he ran his fingers through my hair. 

“What happened?” Fulton asked Kenny.

“They were taking my lunch. Aimes tried to stop them but they grabbed her, she kicked him in the shins” he explained.

“I-I-It was my dad” I stuttered “Charlie I-I didn’t see Riley. I saw m-my dad“ I tried to calm down.

“PTSD” Fulton said “Bad memories of your past coming back to you. War veterans get it all the time”

Charlie just sighed and pulled me into his arms tighter. 

“They want lunch, they’ll get lunch” Charlie growled “Come on guys”

We followed Charlie outside until we found one of the preppies riding horses. I’d calmed down and was now smirking.

“Oh it’s been a while since we’ve done this” I smiled.

Charlie chuckled as the horse finally stopped and… well… went to the bathroom. We used to feed the alley dog beans so he’d dump in a purse we’d find. Then we stuck a dollar in and waited for some jerk to take it. 

“Make sure it’s fresh” Charlie smirked as we followed a horse

“Steams a good sign” Fulton chuckled.

“Very good,” Russ laughed.

Charlie held the paper bag as we walked back into the cafeteria. Adam came up to me.

“Amethyst Kenny told me what happened. I’m so sorry I wasn’t there” he rushed.

“Addy it’s alright, besides we’re fixing it” I smirked.

Adam seemed confused. I chuckled and pecked him on the lips before following Charlie and the paper bag. Russ and Fulton followed slightly behind us as we walked past the Varsity table. Cole saw quick to swipe it out of Charlie's hand.