Please

Aimes Pov.
The next thing I knew I was standing in front of a large table of people, in a dress. Everyone else was sitting down, no one had noticed me yet.

“Gentleman and Julie” Fulton started, making us laugh. Oh no “May I present our Ice Queen, Aimes Bombay” Fulton bowed dramatically.

Everyone was staring at me.

“Whoa! Aimes is in a dress!” Averman exclaimed.

“Would everyone quit staring at me” I chuckled nervously.

Adam quickly sprang up from his seat, running up to me. 

Before I could process anything his lips were on mine in a deep passionate kiss. His hands held my waist with so much care and affection, and everything around me felt so good. I wasn’t nervous about being in a dress infront of all these people anymore. I felt safe. Adam pulled away and held my face like it was glass.

“You’re so beautiful,” he smiled.

I smiled too. I was so in love with this boy. Wait what! No no no, no I’m not. I can’t be! We’re only 15 how can I be in love with him! Just, quit thinking Aimes.

“Thank you” I smiled.

Adam wrapped an arm around my waist as we walked back to the table.

“Well that was something” Charlie whispered to me, sounding annoyed.

“Enough Charlie” I scolded.

Soon enough I was eating a very very good caesar salad with chicken, it was actually really nice, but I was starting to get a bit of a headache, and my wrist was bothering me. Everyone was chatting, I felt out of place. To me, fancy was a 30$ pizza. It felt weird seeing all the guys in actual suites and stuff. 

“Hey you two gotta show me that triple deke, man that is cool” Riley leaned over to Charlie and I.

“Yeah sure” Charlie nodded “Ya know, it’s easier than it looks”

I rolled my eyes. I still don’t like these guys. 

“You’re being modest,” Riley insisted.

Suddenly Riley stood up clinking his glass.

“On behalf of the Eden Hall Warrior Varsity State Champion hockey team” way to be humble there buddy “I’d like to welcome the future state champs. The Eden Hall freshman” he raised his glass “Here, here”

We all raised our glasses as well. “We’re just glad you loaned us Banksy so we had a chance to beat you guys in the annual Freshman - Varsity showdown” he chuckled as some boy patted his back.

I gritted my teeth. We didn’t want to. Adam just looked down with a guilty look on his face. My headache was getting worse.

“Hey Charlie my head’s kinda hurting I think I’m gonna step outside” I sighed.

“You good sis?” he was quick to turn protective.

“I’m fine, just a headache,” I nodded.

I stood up to leave but I was stopped by a voice. 

“Yo Bombay! Where you going?” Cole questioned.

“Just outside for a sec. I got a bit of a headache” I said pleasantly.

“Alright” Cole got back to eating.

“Well hurry back kid” Riley smiled, but it didn’t seem totally nice.

I nodded and stepped outside.

I sighed as I could rub my wrist trying to soothe the pain. I had been nervous all night, that’s probably why I had a headache. I suddenly heard the door open. Adam came around the corner looking for me.

“There you are. Charlie said you had a headache you alright” Adam smiled walking up to me.

“Yeah I’m okay” I nodded.

“Hey what’s with your wrist?” Adam asked.

I didn’t notice I was still rubbing my wrist. Damn it! I quickly dropped it.

“Nothing” I panicked.

Adam came over and tried to grab it but I moved it away.

“Amethyst let me see your wrist” he sighed.

“I’m really okay” I pressed.

“Now, Amethyst!” he exclaimed “Please”

I sighed and brought my wrist out from behind my back. It was swollen and a little purple or brown in places. Adam held it carefully, examining it.

“Amethyst your wrist is sprained” he sighed.

“I know” I mumbled.

“What!” he yelled “You knew! How long has this been a problem!” he seemed angry.

I stared at my shoes like they were large bowls of candy. I didn’t want to look him in the eyes. I couldn’t.

“Two weeks” I mumbled.

“Two weeks!” He yelled, making me jump “Amethyst why didn’t you tell anybody! Do you know how bad that is for you! Why didn’t you tell anyone!” he yelled.

“Because I have to play!” I yelled. Tears started to drip from my eyes, I couldn’t stop them “I couldn’t let the team down, they need me! Sound familiar!” I yelled.

Adam sighed, remembering when he kept his wrist a secret at the Goodwill Games. He held my hand close to him, still being so gentle with it. He pulled me into a soft hug as I continued crying.

“I’m sorry, I had no right to yell” he sighed. “But who was the one to say I needed help when this happened to me?” he questioned.

“Me” I mumbled.

“Yeah, and I’m so grateful you did” he smiled. He pulled away from me, whipping away the fallen tears “So I’m going to return the favor. Whether I have to carry you to the hospital myself” he chuckled, so did I.

“Thank you Adam” I smiled.

“Any time baby” he smiled and kissed me softly.

God I really do love this boy don’t I. 

*-*-*-*-*-*-*