A New Year In New York With A New Doctor

A couple of days later, after Rose said goodbye to her family and packed all her stuff into her room on the Tardis, we were off. Not that any of us had got much sleep with the Christmas celebrations and helping Rose pack. The Blonde took off to her room, warning both of us that if we dared wake her before she'd had at least twelve hours sleep; we'd be in for it.

I sat in the console room for three of those hours, watching the Doctor wander around the controls, pressing buttons and talking non-stop, mostly to himself though he looked at me sometimes for answers. Most of the things he said, i didn't understand, and didn't even try to. I was content to just stay there, but my stomach let out a huge growl that stopped the Doctor mid-rant about some dog race with no noses, like he'd mentioned just after his regeneration.

"Your stomach is growling," he told me, looking confused, "How can your stomach be growling, and why is it growling at me?"

"It means i'm hungry, idiot," i chuckled, "Very hungry."

"Oh!" he exclaimed, looking fascinated. "No wait, did i know that? Oh well, let's go to the kitchen."

"No offence to the Tardis," i said, stopping the Doctor in his tracks, "But can we wake Rose and eat out? It's just there is this restaurant I've always wanted to eat at, never had a way to get there."

"You want me to use my Tardis, to take you to get something to eat?" the Doctor asked, looking affronted.

"It's a really nice, expensive restaurant with a great view," i insisted. "Then again i'd have to wear a dress - eh i could cope. It's in New York, i went there once, a couple of years ago – i was fifteen i think. I was working with an Architectural company who had a client in New York so we flew over, we didn't get to eat or anything just picked him up but the restaurant, it was beautiful. It's in the Mandarin Oriental, and it looks out over Manhattan, at night with the lights on and-" i stopped, seeing the Doctor smiling at me, eyes focused on me like i was something amazing, "-why are you looking at me like that?"

He pushed himself off the console, uncrossing his arms and clearing his throat like he'd been caught doing something he shouldn't.

"Nothing, nothing," he said, looking around. "Alright then," he slammed some buttons and pulled a lever, "New York, Mandarin Oriental, Asiate Restaurant, around oh, say nine in the evening?"

"Really?" i asked, smiling excitedly.

"Better go and get ready," he winked, and i squealed, rushing to my room, hearing a strange Bang.

= D W S =

I dropped my head onto the console as soon as she was out of sight, the pain making me cringe. Why, why did i stare at her? Better yet how could i let her catch me, i thought i was getting pretty good at looking without her noticing. I just couldn't help it, the way she got so enthused about the place, her eyes lit up with an odd sparkle, the smile on her lips that caused a dimple in her left cheek – all of it just drew my attention. The Tardis hummed, making me blush.

"I do not!" i exclaimed, sticking my tongue out at her, she made an argument against me, and i frowned, letting her words sink in, "I can't, she's human."

= D W E =

I had a quick shower and hurriedly cleaned myself while asking the Tardis to find me something to wear. Once dried off, i curled my hair up into a layered bun with some random shorter pieces hanging loose. Adding some eyeliner and mascara, i made sure my towel was fixed around me and slipped back into my room.

On my bed was a long slim dress in a pale gold colour with a dipped neckline and short sleeves. Once on, it pretty much clung to me and looked alright even though i didn't have a bra on – though i had never really attempted something like that before. I preferred my jeans and sweat pants most of the time. The shoes the Tardis had chosen were simple pale gold court shoes, though the heels were nothing to laugh at, and a little clutch with gems on it.