A List Of The Impossible

"You've got to what?" The Doctor asked, looking at them curiously.        

"We must feed."

"Yeah. I think they mean us," Rose informed us as we backed away from the incoming aliens.

"We must feed. We must feed. We must feed. We must feed."

More of the aliens entered through another door and the Doctor whipped out his sonic screwdriver as Rose picked up a chair, ready to fend them off. My eyes caught one of the aliens still standing by the door. He – well i assumed it was a he anyway – was holding his little ball thing up to his ear shaking it a bit.

"We must feed. We must feed. We must feed. We must feed. We must feed. We must feed. We must feed. We must feed. We must feed. We must feed."

"WAIT!" I yelled, stopping the aliens from getting closer, and Rose and the Doctor from attacking.

"Alex, get back!" the Doctor hissed trying to grab my arm.

"Shush you," i scolded, then turned back to the aliens, "Um, sorry to shout, by any chance, is there something wrong with your little talking ball things?"

One of the Aliens, the one right in front of us, tapped its globe hard then looked up, "Yes, our apologies. We must feed you, if you are hungry.

"Sorry?" The Doctor asked as Rose put the chair down.

"We apologise. The Red Lady was correct. Electromagnetics have interfered with speech systems. Would you like some refreshment?"

"Um-"

"Open door 18."

A man with combed back brown hair came rushing in with a dark skinned woman and a messy haired young man armed with guns just behind him.

"What the hell? How did?" he asked, coming to our level and the Aliens made way for him. He talked to the watch thing on his wrist, staring at us like we were something magical. "Captain, you're not going to believe this. We've got people. Out of nowhere. I mean, real people. I mean three living people, just standing here right in front of me."

"Don't be stupid, that's impossible," a deep voice said, coming from the watch.

"I suggest telling them that."

"But you're a sort of space base. You must have visitors now and then. It can't be that impossible," Rose asked.

"You're telling me you don't know where you are?" the man asked, sounding like he didn't believe her.

"No idea. More fun that way," the Doctor grinned broadly.

"Stand by, everyone. Buckle down. We have incoming. And it's a big one. Quake point five on its way," a female voice said over the tannoy.

The man who came in opened a different door, as a tannoy blasted through the speakers and everything began shaking, "Through here, now. Quickly, come on! Move!"

We hurried through a corridor, much the same as the one we'd come through to the cafeteria room, conduits banging overhead. Steam exploded from under our path, electronics sparked causing bright explosions of light and the base shuddered so hard we were nearly knocked off our feet.

"Move it! Come on! Keep moving. Come on! Quickly! Move it!"

We entered the control room were several others were in different stations trying to keep everything under control.

"Oh, my God. You meant it," the deep voice from the watch belonged to a man with dark skin and longish hair. He was standing with two others at what i guessed to be the main console.