Lab Rats And Evil Cats

When we reached ward 26, the Doctor and Rose were standing outside a cubicle that had a floating red man inside. Rose spotted me first and glared, but Cassandra just smiled back and approached them.

"There you are. Come and look at this patient. Marconi's Disease. Should take years to recover," The Doctor said, pulling me over to where Rose was standing.

I think my mind stopped working when i saw him in glasses, and if Cassandra wasn't in control i probably would have collapsed to the floor too. I've never been attracted to someone in glasses before.

"Two days. I've never seen anything like it. They've invented a cell washing cascade. It's amazing. Their medical science is way advanced. And this one," i was led over to a man as white as snow, "Pallidome Pancrosis. Kills you in ten minutes, and he's fine. I need to find a terminal. I've got to see how they do this. Because if they've got the best medicine in the world, then why is it such a secret?"

"I couldn't tell you."

"What's, what's, what's with the lack of excitement?" he asked, frowning.

"Oh, I don't know. Just feeling unwell," Cassandra shrugged, "All that travelling."

"Well i'm fine," Rose shrugged, stepping between us as we headed back out into the hall. "Must be because you're new to it, a new experience, don't you think Doctor?"

"Yes, well, i can't talk, new new Doctor and all that," he grinned.

"Mmm, aren't you just," Cassandra said, and then grabbed the Doctor by the hair, kissing him.

I screamed at her to stop, but being trapped in my own mind, it didn't have any affect. They were still going a minute later, and what annoyed me was that the Doctor kissed back! The hell was wrong with him?! Rose was watching!

"Terminal's this way," Cassandra pointed, "Phew," she breathed out, throwing my hair over my shoulder.

As we walked past Rose i could see the absolute anger in her eyes, i wanted to apologise, but how could i? Behind me i heard the Doctor speak, his voice a little higher than normal.

"Yep, still got it."

Any other situation and i would have laughed

Any other situation and i would have laughed. Cassandra pointed him to a terminal, which he and Rose leaned over, searching for anything unusual.

"Nope, nothing odd. Surgery, post-op, Nano-dentistry. No sign of a shop. They should have a shop," the Doctor complained.

"No, it's missing something else. When I was downstairs, those Nurse Cat Nuns were talking about Intensive Care. Where is it?" Cassandra asked.

"You're right. Well done," the Doctor nodded.

"Why would they hide a whole department? It's got to be there somewhere. Search the sub-frame."

Okay, i knew what a sub-frame was, but the way the Doctor was looking at me suggested he thought i DIDN'T know. Which was good, that meant he knew something was wrong, right?