Unexpected Anger And A New Passenger

= D W S =

I returned to the Tardis, glancing at Rose as she jumped back from the door like she hadn't been listening and heard the Tardis whir into action. She hummed, telling me she'd told Alex how to put us in the vortex so we could all get some sleep, and I smiled. The girl was a genius, to be able to pilot the Tardis so easily.

"How comes you didn't tell me about having a wife?" Rose asked, almost demanding an answer and i cringed, not sure how to answer her.

"Never came up," i muttered, glancing at Mickey who seemed to be enjoying the situation and then Alex who smiled at me.

"What do you mean never came up?!" Rose exclaimed, "I've been with you for a year and a half and you didn't tell me you were married?!"

"I don't want to talk about it," i said, keeping my eyes on my suit jacket as i unfastened the buttons.

"I don't care! How could you not tell me?! I thought – i thought we had something!"

"Rose, just leave it," Alex spoke up, keeping her tone soft, "It's not the right time."

"And what would you know?!" Rose snapped, stepping up to the shorter red head and i felt my muscles tense, ready to jump between the two. I knew Alex had a temper, but i could never see her lifting a hand to someone, even to protect herself. Rose however . . .

"Rose, can't you see this subject is hard for him?"

"It's hard for me too!" Rose exclaimed, "Why aren't you angry? He kept this form both of us!" Alex's soft frown morphed into an expression of guilt and Rose let out a huff, clenching her fists. "You knew! How did you know?! Why the hell would he tell you?! What are you to him?! You're not better than me! He hasn't known you as long as me! He doesn't care for you like he does me!"

Alex flinched back like she'd been hit, and i stepped forward, angry and wanting to defend her but Mickey beat me to it, which just made me feel even worse.

"Rose back off, what's wrong with you, so what if he was married? He's like nine hundred, bound to have some ex wives and kids somewhere," Mickey tried to reach for the blonde but she backed away.

"It's not FAIR!" she snapped at him then turned to me, "Why didn't you tell me?! How could you tell her but not me?! What makes her so special?!"

"BECAUSE I BLOODY ASKED HIM! ALRIGHT!"

I stared at Alex in shock, the gold in her eye burning brighter than when she punched the computer screen at Deffry Vale. I had never seen her this angry, i never knew she could BE this angry. Rose stepped back, stunned and Mickey had edged his way out from between the two girls, scurrying to my side. I knew i should have intervened when i saw the strange sharpness in Alex's eyes but i couldn't. The look on her face kept me glued to my spot.

"Oh poor little Rose Tyler," Alex said, simpering, "She doesn't get told anything, but she's supposed to be the only person who matters, the only person the Doctor should bother with." Her voice changed to something dark and angry, "Get the fuck over yourself! If you want to know about him, ask! Don't just expect him to tell you all the horrors in his life when all you do is fuck him around!"

"I don't-"

"Really?" Alex cut her off with a sharp laugh, "Since I've got here, it's been all about you. I've never heard you ask about his life, or his family, or his feelings. Not unless it concerns you and your bloody obsessive love for him! I mean my god, you bounce him and Mickey off each other like a bat and ball! i never knew you could be so pathetic!"

"Hey, ten bucks says they start clawing at each other's hair," Mickey snickered and i shot him warning glare.

"You're calling me pathetic?!" Rose snapped, "What about you, the Doctor left you and you got declared crazy! You probably are crazy! That's why your family abandoned you. The Doctor just feels sorry for you!"