1

Hyejin's POV

Hyejin's POV

Maybe I should've stayed..they were my parents afterall.. No Hyejin, you did the right thing. But how am I even going to handle my finances? I'm not even 18 yet..My credit card is going to get blocked after they see me out of bed tomorrow.

End of Hyejin's POV

The girl kept on walking at her normal pace thinking about her next step. She couldn't even walk in public without being noticed if her parents didn't decide to keep her appearance out of public eye. Still, she kept a mask on and continued walking until she reached the building. She entertered it, unconciously. Sighing, she knocked the door to apartment 007.

"Umm Hyejin? Is everything..okay? You're here at this hour...?" he asked in a slightly worried tone while rubbing his eyes. The girl really didn't feel like explaining anything other than just a need of a warm hug to calm her down.

"I-" is the only thing she managed to say before bursting into tears. The boy gentally embraced her and patted her back while looking at her with concerned eyes. After a while, he politely told her to enter and locked the door before following her inside.

He gestured her to sit and calmly waited for her to speak. "Lucas..I left..I left them for good.." she managed to speak despite her throat feeling heavy.

"You know you're more than welcome here-" she cut him off saying,"I..I don't want to put you in any sort of danger Lucas..you know..the first place they'll come searching for me is your apartment..I..c-can you please help me find a place to stay?" She looked at him with her eyes pleading.

"You know very well that you'll be found if you stay here..you'll have to leave the country.." He said already well aware of the danger the girl put herslef into. She nodded knowing this is the exact thing which would happen. But she was determined enough to face any difficulty which crosses her path. The only thing she wanted at the moment was to escape.

"You have your passport right? I'll book your flight and do not worry at all. You'll always find me when you need help. Alright?" He said smiling at the girl. She nodded once again and looked at him with teary eyes, thinking that this might be the last time she'll see him.

"I can't thank you enough Lucas..you've been with me through the worst..I-" She broke down crying. She couldn't stand being away from her only friend.

"Right now..we don't have enough time. I'll prepare for your departure a-" once again she cut him off. "L-let's go t-together..please? They'll hurt you to death Lucas-" This time he stopped her saying, "No they won't. We both will leave tonight but to separate destinations.It should look like I left for my own reasons and I have nothing to do with your escape. You know what will happen otherwise."

The girl nodded sensing the positivity in his words and gave the boy a heart-warming smile.

"We'll meet again Zhao Hyejin." Lucas said before heading towards his plane which was to take off any second from now.

" Lucas said before heading towards his plane which was to take off any second from now

One Month Later.

Hyejin's POV

It has been a month since I left Korea. I wonder if the situation has calmed down there...Anyways..it took me a while to finally settle here in China. To be honest, I am relieved being here..at first I thought it would be really difficult for me as I'm not really the kind to socialise since my parent never allowed me to. This is the reason I barely have friends.

End of Hyejin's POV

The next day, she had to attend college as a new student but here she was,sitting on her couch, watching movies, although it was 1 a.m.
Just to be on the safe side, she set her alarm to 5:30 a.m and continued staring at the screen. Yes, it was her way of distracting herself from the depressing thoughts but unfortunatley, it didn't work this time.

She got up to get some water and decided to orgainse her study table; it was a mess. Well, she wasn't really the one to care but again just to distract herself she surprisingly cleaned her room too. Later she grabbed one of her coursebooks and again slouched on the couch.

"Ughh this is so boringggg." She claimed before slamming the book shut. No later than a minute or two she heard her phone ringing. Grabbing the phone lazily, she frowned realising the alarm just went off.

"Just a waste of another night. I wonder when I'll be able to sleep peacefully." She sighed and got up to do her morning routing before grabbing the remote to switch to the news channel.

She was casually brushing her teeth when something caught her atteintion.

"South Korea's president Lee Yoon Oh declared the death of his only daughter Lee Hyejin. There are no such details regarding her death b-"

"Rubbish." She scoffed before turning the tv off and heading towards the bathroom to take a warm shower. She was kinda taken aback by the fact that her parents gave up so easily. It seemed suspicous to her. Good thing no one is aware of how she looks.

She tied her laces and put on her airpods before leaving her apartment to head for college.

What awaits her on the first day? Will she be able to fit in?

It is my first time writing a fanfiction. I hope you guys enjoy reading it :)