31

"You told me you mother doesn't live here?" Hyejin asked, a her brows drawing together

"You told me you mother doesn't live here?" Hyejin asked, a her brows drawing together. "Uh o-of course! Now I can't come up with a-little-too-obvious excuse like you did. I mean I couldn't stay that I got locked in the bathroom girl come on." Chaerin spoke in a high paced tone. Hyejin threw her an eye-roll before getting back to work.

The rest of the time went by quickly but Hyejin couldn't help but look at a girl from time to time who was seated in corner of the shop. Chaerin also seemed to be uneasy as that girl entered their workplace.

Hyejin decided to approach her and ask if she wanted to order anything and of course, she told Shotaro to do her job for the time being. As she got nearer, she was she noticed the girl pulling up her mask and getting stiff.

"Excuse me miss, would you like to order something?" Hyejin asked, feeling extremely dumb at the moment. "Umm no thanks, I'm good." The girl replied, making her nod. Hyejin went back and glanced at Chaerin who seemed to be looking at the same girl, except, the girl also looked at her making it seem like they were signalling each other about something.

"Chae? You know her?" Hyejin asked a few moments later. "U-Uhh no... She just looks familiar." Chaerin replied before moving towards the coffee maker and getting an order ready. Why is everyone acting so suspicious?  Maybe I should stay home from tomorrow to spare myself from any possible trouble. Honestly, why can't I live a normal life.

"Miss Zhao? Mr. Wong told me to drop you home." The boy who she knew as Shotaro spoke. "Alright. Let me wrap this up real quick." Hyejin replied. "By the way, call me Hyejin. No need for formalities." She smiled and headed over to the side opposite of the boy.

Noticing that the strange girl was still there, Hyejin had an urge to keep an eye on her. She felt like someone important.

"Shotaro?" Hyejin called. "Yes, mi- I meant Hyejin?" The boy answered, scratching his hair. "Could you wait for me at the bus stop? I need to get something done." Hyejin requested, hoping he would agree.

"But Hyejin, I'm under strict orders to accompany you." Shotaro seemed to get a little uneasy. "Oh don't worry, Mr. Wong won't hurt you if I say so." Hyejin smiled at the boy she found extremely cute. 

If my hunch is correct, she must be someone sent to spy on me but who else would it be? Seriously, Kai, Jae and now her?  Even Lucas has told Shotaro to stay close. This is not good at all. And.. who could be the one who texted me telling me to runaway? I feel like I'm very close to meeting 'father' or Jackson or perhaps both?

I wait until the girl leaves, followed by Chaerin and close the shop before deciding to follow the two girls. "I think Hyejin got a hint as to why you were there. Seriously, was it necessary?? I could have come out to meet." I hear Chaerin speak in a rushed tone. What is happening?

"Boss's orders. I had to check if you're doing your work properly, Agent 015." The girl from earlier replies, causing Hyejin to furrow her eyebrows. "Oh can you please call me by my name? I hate being called that." Chaerin frowns.