26

The next morning, the boys kept talking about the time they had spent with the dreamies but Yangyang was oddly silent which did not go unnoticed by Hyejin

The next morning, the boys kept talking about the time they had spent with the dreamies but Yangyang was oddly silent which did not go unnoticed by Hyejin. He would look away whenever they had an eyecontact and Hyejin knew something was wrong.

Even Lucas wasn't acting like himself today and it bothered Hyejin. She sighed, walking towards the balcony. Folding her arms against her chest, she leaned on the dusty wall before turning her head towards the right, allowing herself to have a clear view of the cloudy sky.

"What's wrong with them? Is it because of me?" She asked herself and exhaled sharply. "Is it okay if I enter?" She heard a voice, making her head turn to her left. "Yeah." She said in a low voice before turning back to look at the sky.

"Is everything alright?" Xiaojun asked briskly. "Yeah.." Hyejin replied tardily. "Is it about Yangyang?" He asked after a moment of silence. "I guess.." She sighed. "I know something is bothering him..but he won't tell me anything. Not like that's something new but still.." She added.

"Just be by his side, I swear I saw fear in his eyes." Xiaojun looked at her before continuing. "He cried last night. He kept uttering nonsense but I was shocked when he said that he doesn't deserve you. He said that you'll leave him because you're just too good for him." He spoke looking concerned.

"W-Why would he say that? I- why would I leave him and how am I too good for him? Is he out of his mind?! I couldn't sleep one night when he disappeared! I would leave him just because of some- where is he?" Hyejin asked as tears built up in her eyes.

"Hey relax. Maybe after seeing you talk to the dreamies all happily made him insecure?" Xiaojun tried to calm her down. "I don't know.. I'm just so stressed out about everything. Lucas has not been himself lately and Yangyang doesn't look at me as if he committed a crime." She sighed heavily.

"It's all going to be okay, Hyejin." Xiaojun gave her a heart warming smile and told her to go talk to Yangyang before leaving. She took a long breath in and wiped her eyes before exhaling. Leaving the balcony, she made her way to the boy's room but came to a halt when she saw him. His eyes were puffy as if he had just stopped crying.

He looked at her and once again, he felt guilt building up inside him. "Hey, what's wrong?" Hyejin asked in a soft voice as she walked closer to him but he stepped back. "N-Nothing.. I just miss ma.. she's hospitalised now.." He said, looking down.

It had become a good reason for him to say whenever someone asked him what's wrong. "I'm sure she'll be alright. Don't worry, Yang. If you miss her then just go visit her already." Her voice was so soothing that all the comfort came running towards the boy.

He smiled and nodded but before he could walk away, Hyejin hugged him. "You know I can't see you cry. So please, whatever bothers you, just let me know. Rather then keeping it to yourself and hurting alone, alright?" She whispered through the hug. As if pulling his tears back, he looked at the ceiling and then down at her small figure before tightening the hug.