11

She stood there looking at the boy she least expected to see at the moment

"Umm, Hi?" The boy spoke in an awkward tone. "Uhh I- Lucas just went to sleep-" "No I-I came here to see y-you." Yangyang said, catching her totally off guard.

"Right. Come in." She said, trying to avoid his eyes. How do I react after what happened?! She thought as she closed the door once the boy was in. After a long silence, Yangyang spoke again. "How are you feeling?"

"I- I'm fine. Much better actually." Hyejin replied getting nervous for no reason in particular. "Umm about earlier, I'm sorry if I crossed the lines. I didn't mean to- it just, it just happened.." He tried to clarify his intentions. "No that's ok, I didn't realise what happened.. you know I wasn't myself that time." She spoke quickly.

"I'll get you something to drink." Hyejin said as she stood up. "No, that's fine, really. I'll just get going then." Yangyang stood up as well receiving a nod from Hyejin. "Thankyou..for helping me earlier." She spoke before he nodded and left the apartment.

A smile crept up his face as soon as the girl was out of his sight. I can't let myself do this. I have to protect ma and ever since I met her, I've been out of my mind. He sighed making his way out of the building.

"So, did you confess?" Hendery asked as soon as he saw the boy. "No." Yangyang replied. "But why?" Hendery asked, annoyed. "I-I don't think I should let myself loose in this situation. I can barely protect my mother, I won't be able to handle if she too, gets involved." Yangyang said sternly.

"Then, at least tell me what they are after. I want to help, Yang." Hendary said looking at the younger boy intently. " I don't know." Yangyang gave the same reply he gave everytime and set off to his place."This idiot." Hendery sighed as he too, left for his place.

The next few days, Yangyang kept himself distant, not only from the girl but also from his friends

The next few days, Yangyang kept himself distant, not only from the girl but also from his friends. Hyejin on the other hand felt bad about it. For some reason, she wanted him to be near her, she felt safe around him.

"Hey, you're zoning out again. Hyejin? God, what do I do with this freak." Lucas complained as he took a bite from his hamburger. "Hyejin? What are you thinking about? Hey! Is she purposely ignoring us?" Hendery asked completely annoyed.