13

"What?!How?" She quickly stood up and walked towards her best friend

"What?!How?" She quickly stood up and walked towards her best friend. "I-I don't know. He didn't talk much. I have to go now." Lucas said, hurriedly approaching the door. "I'll come with you." She aswell grabbed her phone and started wearing her shoes.

"No. You're not going." Lucas said, avoiding her eyes. "W-Why not?" She was a bit taken aback by his words. He never tells me to stay back, no matter what. "I- just stay alright? I'll tell you later. Don't open the door if it is not me or any other of our friends." He patted her shoulder and left saying that he'll call her.

After locking the door as Lucas said, she sat on the kitchen counter, thinking about why Lucas seemed so.. worried..as if it was dangerous to go with him. She decided to call Yangyang and ask what happened but he didn't pick up which made her worried. Is he hurt too? Maybe that's why Lucas told me to stay? But he told me to be cautious...

She checked her phone every minute, hoping Lucas would call her or atleast he'll leave a message but nothing came. She dialled Ten's number and to her relief, he answered. But only a moment after, she realised he was waiting for someone else's call as she heard him say,"How long will it take?! He's losing alot of blood!"

She remained silent not knowing what to say or do. "I'm talking to you Hendery!" He raised his voice through the phone causing her to flinch. "I- Ten, it's me, Hyejin." She managed to speak as the other side became silent. "Ten?"

"Uhh Hyejin, th-there's an emergency, I-I'll call you lat-" "Don't hang up on me! I know the situation is critical but why isn't anyone telling me something?! Am I not a friend anymore?" She lost all the patience she gathered the past few hours. Yes. It has been three hours since Lucas left and she has been left in a cliffhanger ever since.

"No Hyejin, that's not the case. You know we don't really go to hospitals. Kun, Winwin and Xiaojun deal with us but now its only two and we never dealt with bullets before, we don't have the equipment either so we are too stressed to think about anything else." He explained in a low-tone as if he didn't want others to find out. He felt bad for her but he still couldn't tell her anything.

"Let me come." She demanded. "I..can't. You shouldn't come out.... I- Hyejin I got a call I have to receive, I'll have to hang up." She didn't even get the time to retort and simply placed her phone on the counter and got off.

Why are they behaving this way? What does it have to do with me? Why can't I go out? I really need to see them. I can't leave Lucas alone in this, not when he was always there for me. I can't leave Yangyang alone either. What happened yesterday? The call.. the sudden change in mood.. Winwin's condition.. Lucas's weird behaviour after receiving the call.. Yangyang ignoring my calls.. Ten's way of talking.. this is too strange for me to understand.

I know where they would be and I really need to go there but why did they tell me not to leave the house? Did those people follow us or something? But we clearly knocked them out. Were there more? Ughh my head's going to burst! They should atleast tell me what's wrong. Okay, I get it. Ten explained. The rest might be uncomfortable telling me.. Yangyang? Why is Lucas keeping secrets now?