Why

Lucas' POV

As I drove home I couldn't get the blonde beauty out of my head. I'm with Riley and I really like her, so why can't I stop thinking about Maya? She's made fun of me from the day I moved to New York, so why did she kiss me? If she doesn't like me, there's no way in hell she wouldn't have even thought about it. Ugh this is so frustrating! After a few minutes of thinking about that kiss, I pulled into my house's drive way. I got out of the truck and walked up to the door. It was like 3am so I knew my mom would kill me if she saw me coming home this late. I slowly unlocked the door and slipped in quietly. As soon as the door shut, the lights came and my mom just stood there, staring at me with an angry look on her face.

"Lucas Friar, what do you think you're doing coming home at 3 in the morning?" She yelled in her southern drawl.

"I'm sorry mama, I had to take a friend home, she didn't have a ride." I replied

"A girl huh? You had to take her home? I know that's a code word Lucas, I wasn't born yesterday!" She yelled

I looked at her in confusion, "Code word? What are you talking about?"

"For the hanky panky! For the wham bam thank you ma'am!" She screamed

"What?" I stared at her confused

"Sex!" She yelled again

"Would you quit yelling? And no we didn't do anything, I'm with Riley anyway and we don't do that kind of stuff." I said trying to calm her down.

"Mmhmm, alright get your ass up to bed before I think about grounding you." She said

"Yes, ma'am" I replied quickly, running up the stairs.

As I laid in bed I couldn't stop thinking about her. I mean I know I'm with Riley but I've never felt this way about her. When I think about that kiss with Maya, I get butterflies and I can't think straight. Maya is exciting and adventurous. Riley is sweet and goofy but it's not the same. Wait no. No no no. I like Riley not Maya. Besides Maya told me it didn't mean anything. I like Riley. End of discussion. I got up, took my shirt off and slipped on a pair of grey Nike sweatpants. I slid into bed and turned off the lights.