prfct

Lucas' POV

I couldn't sleep very well last night because Maya kept running through my head. I don't know why though and I'm pretty sure Maya doesn't care about me so why does this mean so much to me? I already told myself I like Riley. Ugh I just need everything to slow down. After I got dressed in a maroon shirt, black jeans, and navy blue vans, I made my way downstairs. I grabbed my Jansport backpack and peaked into the kitchen where my mom was eating breakfast.

"Bye mama, I'm leaving for school," I yelled

"I didn't forget about last night Lucas! Don't let it happen again," she said, standing up from the table and making her way over to me. "You're grounded for a week by the way. I want to make sure this doesn't happen again," she breathed.

"What? Seriously? Ugh I'm gonna be late for schoolI  gotta go." I mumbled and started to walk out the door

"I expect you home right after school, Lucas!"

"Yeah I know" I yelled back

I walked down the drive way and got into the drivers seat of my truck. I decided to pick up Maya on the way to school. We need to talk and now that I'm grounded, there's not much time I can. I pulled my phone out and texted her number.

Huckleberry: Hey, I'm on my way to your house to take you to school. We need to talk.

Short Stack: What? Um ok I guess....get here soon though I can't be late again.

Huckleberry: K

I drove for 15 minutes before pulling up to her house. She was sitting on the steps outside of her apartment. She got into the passenger's side and looked at me.

"What do you wanna talk about? I thought we covered it on the night of the party." She said seriously

"You called me Lucas."

"What?"

"You've never called me Lucas before. Ever. Until that night. I didn't even know you knew my name."

"Of course I know your name. Me calling you by your name makes you think I wasn't telling the truth?" She said arching an eyebrow

"Yeah. It does. Weird enough."

"Well we haven't talked about how you felt about the kiss. Wanna tell me that?" She replied

I sucked in a deep breath "I can't get you out of my head. I don't know why, I've never felt this way about anyone. I never thought of you this way until you kissed me but a little part of me didn't want it to stop." I blurted out, regretting it immediately.

Maya just looked at me with wide eyes, "Oh" she mumbled. "Ok fine maybe I lied but I can't hurt Riley. She comes before everything."

"I know. I just don't know what to do."

"I can't tell you how you feel Lucas. If you want to be with me, you're gonna have to let Riley down without absolutely crushing her and even then, we couldn't go out publicly. It would kill her. So I don't think this is a good idea."

"One date. Let me take you on one date. If it goes well, I'll break up with Riley and we can go out secretly until she's completely over me." I said trying to salvage the situation

"That's so risky, what if she catches us? I don't know." She said worried

"Please. We both need to figure out how we really feel."

"Fine. Ok" she finally agreed

"I'll pick you up tomorrow at 7," I winked

She rolled her eyes, "Alright I'll text you. Oh wait, I forgot, I'm grounded for a week." she groaned.

"Crap, I forgot. I am too." I quickly remembered.

"Alright I have an idea. You'll sneak out and I'll just leave my phone at home since that's how my mom is keeping me grounded." She said hopefully

I hesitantly agreed and as we pulled up to the school she got out.

The rest of the school day went by in a blur, she was all I could think about and I spent the day planning our date. Something about her is like almost love.