Bad Time

Lucas' POV

I sat there all alone, craving her touch. It seems like every time we kiss, I loose her again. I shouldn't have initiated the kiss, but I can't help myself around her. I'll admit it, Maya Penelope Hart is my kryptonite. I'm betraying my girlfriend's trust and ruining my chance with my blonde beauty though. I need to tell Riley about Maya. I know I'm going to hurt some people, I've already made the mistake and I'm going to have to pay for it. I never meant for any of this to happen, but it did and I feel horrible about it, but I'm not sorry for falling for Maya. It's easy with her, nothing is forced. I know she feels the same way, but the circumstances are pulling us apart. I pulled my phone out and decided to text her to see if she got home okay and to apologize. She keeps pushing me away, but I can't help wanting her more each time. It's time we come clean and I'm gonna take the fall for all of it. I can't be the reason for Maya and Riley breaking their friendship up.

Huckleberry: I'm sorry for everything, I know I said no kissing and It won't happen again. Can I come over? I think it's time to come clean to Riley.

Short-Stack: Ur totally gonna get caught sneaking out. You should get home before your mom realizes ur gone, sheep boy.

Huckleberry: I'm already out, I'll take the consequences. Can I please come over? No funny business this time.

Short stack: Fine but make it quick.

Huckleberry: Omw

I got up and started walking towards the subway, I got on and made it to her neighborhood. My hands were kind of sweaty, I didn't know what to say or how we were gonna tell Riley. I knocked on her door and she immediately opened it. She was wearing grey sweatpants and a white crop top. She looked like she had been crying.

"Come in before someone sees you," she croaked out. I made my way inside and sat on the couch. She sat on a chair across from me.

"So how are we gonna tell Riley?" She asked

"I'm gonna do it. I think I'll just sit her down and tell her straight up. There's no reason to sugar coat it. I'm really sorry about all this, I don't want to break you and Riley up," I said hanging my head

"You don't have to apologize, I'm the reason this all happened," she admitted

"But I pursued it, I know I should have left it alone, but I really like you, Maya. I'm not sorry for how I feel. Everything is different with you. The only thing I've been able to think about lately is you. That kiss was better than any kiss I've ever shared with Riley."

"Listen Lucas, as much as I'd like to kiss you again and be with you, it would cost me my friendship with Riley. I'm never going to be able to willingly give that up."

"I'll learn to accept that. I think I'm gonna do it today. I can't live with this guilt, It's eating me alive. I'm gonna text her to meet me at-" He was interrupted by the door bell.

"Whose that?" I ask

"I have no idea" She got up and walked over to the door. When she opened it, Farkle was standing there.

"Oh hey Farkle, I can't get food right now." She told him

"I'm not here for that, can I come in?" He asked

"Sure," she responded

"Oh, Lucas, good you're here. I just wanted to let you know that the ice skating rink is right in front of my house."

We both looked at him confused

"And Riley was hanging out with me since you guys ditched her."

We still looked at him blankly

"Seriously? You two aren't getting it? She saw you two kiss from my window!"

Both of us stayed silent, our eyes wide.

"She seemed pretty upset, you guys need to talk to her. Honestly, your recklessness is breaking this friend group. Get your acts together and fix it. I'm gonna go, see you around."

Farkle left and we just sat in silence.

"Well that changes everything," I say to break the silence.

"I'm a horrible person," Maya said while running her fingers through her hair.

"It's just as much my fault, Maya."

"Maybe you should go, Lucas. I'll try and call Riley." She said.

"Ok, I'll see you around I guess."

She just sat in silence. I left and made my way down the busy New York street.