Yet Another Stupid Mistake

Maya's POV
I walked over to Riley, curled up in a ball with a blanket over her. I sat on the couch next to her and took a deep breath.

"Hey," I said quietly. She didn't respond. "Riley, are you ok? What's going on?"

"I though you hated me," Riley replied quietly, sniffling her nose.

"I could never hate you, Riles. I understand that feelings can make you do stupid, impulsive things." After a few minutes, she sat up and smoothed her hair out, turning to me. Her eyes were puffy from crying and she looked like she hadn't slept in days. "Honey, how can I help?"

"I don't think you can."

"Can I see your arm?"

"Why?" She said looking shocked

"Farkle told me. There's no point in trying to hide it." She hesitated, but rolled up the left sleeve on her hoodie and moved her arm to where I could see it clearly.

"Riles..." There were 3 fresh cuts and 2 older scars on her forearm.

"I know," She said quietly.

"Hey. I'm not upset at you or freaked out by it, ok? You helped me stop, so I'm gonna help you."

"I don't know how to stop, Maya."

"That's why I'm here, honey. That's why I'm your best friend. Let's go to your house, ok?"

I looked up and Farkle was standing in the door way with a smile on his face. I took her hand and made our way to the door. I waved bye to Farkle and we made our way to her house.

When we reached the door, I turned to her.

"Leave the talking to me, ok? They trust that I'll take care of you. They're probably worried sick and we don't want to make it worse." She nodded and I opened the door. The second we walked in, Corey and Topanga ran towards us.

"Oh my god, Riley where have you been," Topanga yelled.

"We've been worried sick!" Corey chimed in

"It's ok, I'm gonna take Riley to her room and we'll tell you everything later."

"I'm just happy you're safe, Riley. Thank you for being there Maya." Corey said.

I nodded and led Riley to her room. When I closed to door, I sat her on the bed. "Ok. I need you to give me everything that you hurt yourself with or could potentially hurt yourself with." She got up and collected a few razors, a shard of glass, and some pins. "Are you sure that's everything?" She signed and grabbed a small knife from behind her pillow. I put them all into a bag and laid it on her desk.

"Are you feeling ok?" I asked, taking her hand. She looked into my eyes with tears pooling in her eyes. "Honey..." I used my thumb to wipe the tears away.

"I'm sorry for kissing you Maya, it was so dumb. I just let my feelings get the best of me."

She kept talking but I stopped listening. Crap. I remember this impulsive feeling from the night I kissed Lucas. No no no. I always ruin everything. What's wrong with me. I quickly cut off whatever she was saying with a rough kiss. Her lips were soft and tasted like strawberry lipgloss. She smelled like cotton candy and flowers. She immediately kissed me back and we fell back onto the bed in a heated makeout with me on top on her. After a minute, I heard the doorknob turn but before I could react, Topanga walked in.

"Oh my gosh," she gasped. I leapt off of Riley, feeling embarrassment heat up in my cheeks.

"It's not what it looks like," I quickly said.

"Then what is it?"

"I don't know"

Authors note:
Plot twist bitchessssss
Also I'm running out of Sabrina Carpenter titles that relate to the chapters so not all of them are gonna be her songs hahaha