Tell Em

Maya's POV
I woke up in Lucas' warm arms and a smile immediately spread across my face.

"Hey," I whispered, looking up at him.

"Hey baby," he muttered, still half asleep. Ugh his morning voice is so hot.

We laid there for a minute before I started thinking about all the crap that happened with Riley the other day.

"Can I tell you something?" I whispered

"What?" He asked looking down at me.

"Yesterday, Riley kissed me."

"What?" He asked surprised, his eyes going wide.

"I didn't kiss her back, I actually left right after. I just thought you should know. I don't really know what to say to her. She seemed like she regretted it but I'm not sure."

"That was the last thing I expected you to say, but honestly I think the best thing you can do is talk to her about it and figure out why she did it."

"Yeah you're right, but I think I'm gonna wait a bit before I talk to her."

"Yeah give both of you some time to process it and don't worry, I trust you. I trust that it's just us."

I smiled at him and ran my fingers through his messy hair "I should probably leave before your mom finds out I spent the night," I whispered.

"Yeah, you can climb out the window," he suggested, getting up out of the bed, still half-asleep. He led me to the window and I grabbed my converse off the floor. He opened the window and I slowly climbed out. Before I slipped out of it completely, I turned around to give him a light goodbye kiss. Luckily he has a platform outside of his room so it wasn't too hard getting out. After I made it to the ground, I slipped my shoes on and walked down to the subway station. As I boarded the train, a tall woman made her way over to me. "Walk of shame?" She asked.

"Nah, just spent the night at my boyfriend's house," I said blandly, wishing she would leave me alone.

"Got it. You should fix your hair though, you look like you had a wild night," she laughed. She walked away and I scoffed to myself, ugh New Yorkers they never give you any personal space. After I got off of the train, I made my way home. I quietly opened the door, praying that my mom wouldn't be home. As I started tip toeing to my room, all the lights turned on.

"Maya Penelope Hart." I heard my mom's voice behind me. Crap. She hasn't left for work yet. I turned around and gave her a sheepish smile. "Mind telling me where you've been all night?"

"I was at Riley's," I lied.

"I called the Matthews', you weren't there. So where were you?"

"Nowhere."

"Maya."

"I was at Lucas' house, ok?"

"Right, Lucas. So are you guys having sex?"

"What? No, mom we aren't and that's none of your business anyway."

"I got pregnant when I was 17 and I just don't want to see you make the same mistake I did."

"Mom. We aren't having sex," I stated, starting to walk away.

"Then why did I find condoms in your bedside table?"

"You went through my stuff?" I asked angrily, turning around.

"I was looking for a pencil so I checked your room. And It's not like I don't know you hook up with guys on the regular, Maya. I'm not stupid and you're not slick."

I felt my face heating up in embarrassment, "First of all, I've always been safe and you've never caught me so how did you even know other than the condoms?"

"You're not exactly quiet, honey."

"Oh my god," I whispered, turning away from her and quickly walking to my room. Why is everyone all up in my business today? I flopped on my bed and my phone went off.

Ring ring ring

I groaned and picked it up, not looking at the caller ID.

Maya: Hello?

Farkle: Maya, I need you. Now.

Maya: Farkle? What's wrong.

Farkle: It's Riley. You need to come over right now.

Maya: Your house or the Matthews'?

Farkle: My house ASAP

Maya: On my way.

I hung up and quickly slipped out of my room. As I walked to the door, my mom yelled, "Where do you think you're going?!"

"It's Riley, she needs me. I have to go." I didn't even wait for a response, I quickly walked out and started running towards Farkle's house.

When I got to the front door, I was completely out of breath. I pressed the buzzer and Farkle Immediately let me in. When I walked inside his apartment, Riley was curled up on his couch and Farkle was sitting next to her. I was not expecting to see Riley anytime soon but she's still my best friend so here we are. Farkle looked up at me and walked into the bathroom, motioning for me to follow. I followed him and closed the door behind me. "Hey, what happened?" I inquired

"She just showed up this morning looking like an absolute wreck. She wouldn't say anything to me, I let her in and she laid down on the couch and hasn't said anything for the last 3 hours. Like 20 minutes ago I came back to the couch to check on her and I noticed some red smeared on her arm. I asked her what it was and she hid it and wouldn't say anything. When I tried to push her to tell me, she started crying and I didn't know what to do."

"Oh my god, she's cutting herself," I whispered, putting my hand over my mouth.

"I thought maybe she'd talk to you," he said

"We aren't exactly on good terms right now, but I can try to get her to talk."

Author's Note:
Ooooo cliff hanger....
Hope you guys are enjoying the story! Make sure to stay safe during this crazy time.