ten

* trigger warning : mild mentions of violence and abuse. 

next divider (**) onwards will be safe to read*

"Please stop," Felix whispered, covering his ears as he hid behind the wall, curling himself up into a ball. "Please-" Another loud crash, shards of glass reaching so close to him that if he moved an inch, he would've been cut. He felt tears run down his face, trying his best to hide himself. 

His footsteps echoed down the hallway causing Felix's entire body to tense up but he forced himself to move or else he'd be caught and he knew that if he were caught, he wouldn't be released. 

Felix crawled on the floor, almost pressing his body against the tiles as he did so, trying and failing to avoid the glass shards that were scattered across the floor, a trail of beautifully sharp crystals slicing at his very skin. He bit his tongue to stop himself from reacting as his palms, knees and feet got scratched, leaving behind splotches of blood on the cold tiled floor. 

He heard him scream his name and he knew that the 'game' they were playing was soon coming to an end. 

Felix felt his heart racing in his chest as he squeezed himself into a small space crowded with dust and dirt. 

Then, he heard a womans' voice and he knew that it was game over for him. He felt his breath hitch and squeezed his eyes shut, clasping his hands together as he prayed to every possible god for something, anything, to save him from this nightmare. 

"Please," he pleaded, choking on his own sobs as the sound of high heels and combat boots resonated across the house and into his ears. He looked up and saw that the door was right there and, if he ran, maybe he stood a chance to save himself for another day. 

He gulped as he glanced sideways and when he didn't see either of them, he dashed towards the door.

He was so close, so close to escaping for an extra day but as soon as he was about to reach the door, he was pulled back by the hair, an unwanted yelp escaping his lips as he was dragged across the floor, new scratches forming on his arms and legs as they did so. 

He never knew what he did wrong to deserve this treatment. He never knew why he was being punished for crimes his past life may have committed but what he did know was that he had no choice but to live through it alone. 

He knew that he had to bear it all on his own because no one could save him from the hellscape he had been born into.  At least, not anymore. 

A punch landed square on his face but he didn't do a thing, succumbing to the destiny he had been given. The punches continued as the woman smiled a smile so sugary sweet that Felix wanted to throw up - but then again, he hadn't eaten a thing so what was there to throw up?

Felix started counting all the way up to the hundreds, waiting for them to get tired of using their own son as a human punching bag. He knew that his face had probably gotten bruised and beaten but he also knew that he could hide it with makeup - growing up, he hid everything from the world so what difference would hiding bruises make? 

He closed his eyes as he tasted the metallic taste of blood and accepted every blow, every punch and every insult they could throw at him. 

And, once they were tired and had retreated back to their rooms, Felix lay on the floor, an almost lifeless skeleton for a soul that had long been defeated. 

** end of trigger warning ( the rest is safe to read ). **

"Did you hear? The Yang boy got hospitalised again." Hyunjins' ears perked up at the mention of the Yangs but he knew better than to trust the word of some gossiping aunties so he continued walking to their residence, holding a bouquet of flowers in his hand as he thought of what to say to Jeongin.