6

Let I, the author, get this straight.

Lloyd has had zero experience with girls.

Don't get me wrong, it's not that he didn't have the confidence to talk to them or that he wasn't interested in dating. Nah.

It was because all of the girls in the tri-state area knew who Lloyd Garmadon was. Well, at least they knew his husk. He was the cursed son of Lord Garmadon, the self-proclaimed 'guy-who-will-eventually-take-over-Ninjago-City-and-pommel-you-all-with-sharks (seriously, who made up these rumours?).' Despite the fact that his father put those evil-doer days behind him, the people of Ninjago still looked down upon Garmadon and his son. Especially his son. Probably because they feared that if they made fun of Garmadon, he'd pummel them with sharks. They didn't think twice about Lloyd, though.

Girls, they just ran from him. Guys, they just made fun of him, and if it was a particularly unlucky day, they'd beat him up to watch him squirm.

Lloyd had a hard life.

It just made him more motivated in his training. In training and fighting, he was allowed to vent the hatred that had been bottled up behind a facade of a content grin. He was allowed to convert the hatred from being outcasted into power, power that he used to fuel his elemental energy. He couldn't fight back against his bullies because he knew that if he started, he wouldn't be able to regain control of himself before his strength was spent. So, training and fighting were his coping mechanisms.

In fact, Lloyd was so focused on his training that he easily surpassed his peers, despite the disadvantage of being mentally younger than the rest of the team.

Being the prophesied Green Ninja was challenging enough. Having the weight of the world set on your shoulders at fourteen - now that's almost impossible. Lloyd, forced upon the green gi, felt as if he were Atlas, with the literal weight of the heavens upon on his shoulders.

But this wasn't a Greek myth. This was real life. This was real pain that Lloyd, only fourteen, had to endure.

That was why he was especially surprised when the h/c haired girl didn't show a sign of repulsiveness that he was oh-so-used-to. That was why during the cafe, he purposefully prolonged the conversation, whether it changed from school, to politics, to what breed of dog was the best (Lloyd was convinced that a Golden Retriever effortlessly topped the charts). That was why, after the quick peck to his check, he couldn't think of anything else but Y/n's bright red face, embarrassed e/c eyes and crudely hidden flustered grin as she sped away. She consumed his thoughts, he wondered who she was, where she came from, how much she knew about him and if she was bothered that his last name was Garmadon. He was off his game, and it was easily noticeable by the fact that Jay had effortlessly knocked him off his feet again.

The blonde boy groaned, sitting up and sporting a fairly throbbing head with a caressing hand. With Lloyd away with the fairies, it made the others falter in their training too, wondering what was going on with their team leader. They stopped training, shared worried glances, before turning to blonde as he sat upon the training mat.

"Are you okay?" Jay asked as he helped Lloyd to his feet and brushed him off. "That's the sixth time, and I'm going easy on you."

Lloyd nodded, dismissing Jay's fears that were shared with the rest of the team.
"Don't worry about me," he waved his team off as he rubbed his face, trying to shake the thought of a particular girl from his head. "I'm fine."

"Are you sure?" Kai pressed, eyebrows furrowed as he worriedly stared at the green-clad boy. "You really aren't yourself."

"I'm fine," Lloyd reassured, trying for a smile as he bent down and grabbed his sword. "Just a little tired, is all."