ct - 1

Oh, wow. University is terrifying.

I hadn't even been there for a full day before I began mentally cowering in the back of my head. Adults are scary. I'm bad with people. Social interaction was hardly my strong point.

My new school, the University of Hiroshi, was ginormous. In a word.
The roll was over 20,000 students. The campus spans over 200 acres. The acceptance rate; low. A terrifyingly mere 13%. How the hell did I get accepted again?
I felt like a pebble in a river, there were so many people and the place was so massive that I could take a step and I'd be lost. Students swarmed the campus like flies, darting this way and that. Some with bewildered and overwhelmed expressions such as I, some, those who were older, already with focused frowns and bags under their eyes. And it was only the beginning of orientation week.
God. Lloyd had the right idea of not going to university.

I wish he was here.

As if Lloyd and I were spiritually connected by thought alone, my phone that sat pressed against my leg in my jean shorts buzzed with a notification. I ducked behind a building and leant back against the wall, fishing it from the too-tight pocket with a frustrated grimace. With an accomplished grunt, I finally succeeded in retrieving my device. I held the screen up and fleetingly smiled at the preview of the text Lloyd had sent. I unlocked my phone and was sent straight to our message thread.

Lloyd:
'I would walk 500 miles and I would walk 500 more just to be the man who walks a thousand miles to fall down at your door.'

Lloyd:
P.s. I miss you :(

Lloyd:
P.p.s. A lot :'(

Lloyd:
Haha I said p.p :D

I hid a snort behind the back of my hand just as a shooting pain stabbed through my heart. God, it's not even been the first day and I miss him. So much.
I began typing a quick reply, eager to be quick so I could scout out my dorm as swiftly as possible. Only then could I relax for a brief moment before throwing myself into University life.

Me:
I miss you too :')

Me:
Also this place is freakin huge man im so scared.

Lloyd:
You'll be fine! If you can help save Ninjago, University should be a piece of cake!

Me:
Surprisingly, I think University will actually be a lot more traumatising than saving Ninjago from the preeminent. You should see the seniors. Classes haven't even begun yet and they already look stressed to the max.

Lloyd:
Are you sure that's not your imagination playing tricks on you? I get it, you're nervous, and I wish I could be there to help you, but sunshine, you're the most capable person I know. You can do this. I believe in you!

I had to pause and hold my phone to my chest for a minute to regain any sense of anything. I bit my lip and held back a, I don't know, some kind of sound that had built up in my throat while reading his text.

Me:
You're probably right. You're the best. I love you.

Lloyd:
I know. I love you, too. Can't wait till you finally visit!

Me:
I literally left this morning.

Lloyd:
Did I stutter?