Prologue

{Ashton}
I was watching tv while my aunt was on the phone. She came out and by the look on her face, I knew something was wrong. She called me to the kitchen.

"Ashley, sweetie." My aunt Belle picked me up and put me on the kitchen counter.

"What?" I asked, nervously.

"You can't get mad, okay?"

I nodded.

She sighed. "Jane and your mum are in the hospital and your dad is there with them. They were in a car crash."

I felt tears roll down my cheek. It's not every day that a 13 year old is told that her sister and mum were in a crash.

"Aunt Belle, are they okay?" I stuttered.

"Yes my girl. Your dad said that they are alright. We'll see them tomorrow." She gave me a hug.

I pushed her away and ran into my room, bawling.

"Ashley, it's okay." She tired to open the door.

I laid on my bed all night , just crying.

{the next day}

{third person}

Ashley stayed in her room all night and her aunt desperately tried to talk to her.

At 10:25am, Ash finally came out, dressed in church clothes.

Belle had a worried look on her face because of he niece's outfit choice on a Thursday morning.

"I called dad this morning." Ashley's eyes filled with tears.

"Love, come here." Belle jumped from her chair and grabbed Ash in her arms.

"Mum. She's-" both started crying because there was no other words were needed.

"I wanna go." Ashley let go of her aunt. "Okay, sweetie, we'll go."

Both girls got into the car, and went to the hospital.

David, Ashley's father, was in the lobby. They quietly followed him up to the room. Ashley was too scared to cry in front of other people, so she put on a blank face.

Once in the room. David dropped into a chair and cried. Belle soon followed his actions while Ash stood by her sisters bed.

"Jane? Are you okay?" She whispered.

"Ash? I'm okay." Jane whispered back.

David and Belle left the room to do something that the girls didn't know about.

"McCarthy, Janella?" A doctor walked in.

"Yes. This is Jane." Ashley stood up straight.

"Is there a parent?"

"I'm her sister. I'll know what's happening." She hissed back.

"Your right ankle broke, you broke 2 ribs and you got a pretty bad hit to the head. We are going to keep you here for at least 2 weeks. Do you understand?" The doctor asked.

Ashley and Jane nodded. "I'll tell my father."

"Okay. Were you in the car?" Ashley shook her head. "Are you aware of Susan-"

"My mother. Yes. I'm aware." Ashley fought tears.

"Sorry for your loss, there are many-"

"Goodbye." Ashley cut him off.

"Ma'am, please-"

"I said goodbye! Now unless you wanna end up with her, I suggest you leave now!!!!" Ashley screamed.

"Security!" The doctor called. Ashley dropped to floor, crying.

"You assholes didn't save her! You should have saved both! You're a fucking doctor!" Ashley screamed as she was dragged out of the room, down the hall and into a room with nothing but mats on the floor. She was left to cry locked in this small room.

{7 hours later}
{Ashton}

Someone opened the door.

"Ashley?" It was aunt Belle. I nodded for her to come in.

"I'm sorry sweetie." She hugged me tight. "I know your angry but you promised not to be, before any of this was even told to you."

There was a pause, of awkward silence. I just wanted to leave but I couldn't find my voice to ask.

"I told your dad that it was a bad idea to tell you."

"How could you not tell me? I'd find out sooner or later that my mother died!" I started screaming.

"Ashley, calm down." My aunt spoke softly.

"Fuck you. I'm leaving." I pushed her out of the way and ran out the door.

"Ashley Carly McCarthy! Get back here!"

That was just about to become something I was going to get to familiar with.