How many children do you want?

{Jack}
Ashton and I are waiting in this small room for some lady to tell us her who birth parents are. Some birthday.

She looked scared, but yet so beautiful. Her hand was firmly on my right leg and she would oddly move it. I think it was her trying to remind herself this is real.

My phone went off and she jumped. Ashton was never jumpy. She was the most fearless person I knew.

I looked at the message. It was Sam.

S- Bro, I think I got Ashton's little sister pregnant.
J- She told me last night
S- What do I do? She's like 12! Help me dude!
J- She's 13, and your going to man up and father this child. Be there for her. Your not walking out. I'll kill you. Ashton would too.
S- Talk later? Wanna meet up in 10?
J- Can't, helping Ash with something. Will later tho
S- Aight, text me

I put my phone in my pocket and noticed Ashton was watching me. She was studying my face.

"That was Sam. He told me about Maria-"

"Hello. Are you Ashley and Jack Gilinsky?" A middle age women walked in and sat behind the desk in front of us.

"Uhm, I'm Ashton McCarthy and he's Jack Gilinsky." Ashton pointed at us.

They lady typed something in. "I'm Edna, I'll be helping you out today. Can I get an age?"

"I'm 18, she's 16." I answered.

"Birthdays?" She typed something.

"September 10, 1996 for me and May 5, 1998." I answered again.

"Happy birthday Ashley. Now. How many children do you want?" Edna looked at us over top of her glasses.

"What? No! I came here to find my birth parents." Ashton was surprised.

"Oh, do you have the required docs?" Edna sat back in her chair.

I passed the stack of papers to her. She flipped threw them, reading only some.

"Carpenter eh? I remember them!" Edna chuckled.

"You know them?" Ashton sat on the edge of her chair.

"Yeah, Becky is friend. Has been since they day the dropped you off. Gosh you were cute Hanna." Edna laughed at herself.

"It's Ashton. Can you please tell me where they are?" Ashton corrected.

"They live in Louisiana. Would you like me to contact her?" Edna typed in something.

"Yes please. I'd like to meet them." Ashton looked at me, and I smiled at her.

"Alright, here's the number, family history and pictures of them." She passed us a folder.

"Thank you." I said as Ashton looked through the papers.

"Let me know if you have any trouble. Have a nice day!" Edna opened the door and we left.

"I've got two brothers, Dustyn and Aaron. And a sister named Candice." Ashton told me when we got in the car.

"Aaron Carpenter?" I asked. I heard that name before.

"Yeah. Why?" Ashton buckled up.

"I swear I've heard that name before." I started driving home.

We didn't talk, but I didn't want to pressure her because I knew she wasn't at her best right now.

We arrived back home and there was a truck parked in the driveway.

"Dan is here." Ashton got out and ran inside.