Ed Sheeran

{Jane}

I woke up and I couldn't see any light through my dark curtains.

I looked at the clock and it was 7:42am. I sighed and rolled over.

Marianna wasn't in bed with me, nor Lauren because I got home late and they both were sleeping. Ashton wasn't in her room and Jack's shoes where still here so I wasn't sure where they are.

I got up and stretched, yawning very loudly.

"Better start getting ready for the day." I checked my calendar on the wall.

1:30-2:00 pm
Visit from Dan

I smiled. Officer Daniel came by about a week back and I was the only one home. We talked for a while and I found out he was 23. Gosh he looked so handsome. He gave me his number and said he wanted to go for coffee when he was off duty. We both agreed no physical relationship till I turned 18, which was next year.

I grabbed a towel from the closet and jumped in the shower.

Once I finished, I brushed my teeth and got dressed. I wasn't working, so I could just wear normal clothes. I picked a red and black flannel, a solid light blue undershirt and ripped blue jeans. I brushed my damp hair and left it. It would naturally get wavy. I put on a little foundation and mascara to make my blue eyes pop a bit.

I hummed as I wandered around the house. It was so dull and boring. Yellow, which were white at one point, walls, pictureless. The floors weren't washed properly, so they were dirty, but tolerable. I always tried to make the best of this place.

I went into the kitchen and started to make coffee. I looked out the window, surprised to see people up and at it on Saturday, especially because it was 8:30am. I smiled at their chipperness.

I checked the cupboards for breakfast, grabbing the box of Fruity Pebbles. I gave it a shake and it was empty.

"Oh Ashley. When will you learn." I smiled as I threw out the box. I went downstairs to grab another box, because I knew that's what Ashton would want for her fancy birthday breakfast.

I hummed to a song I heard on the radio at work, I think it was called A Team. I liked it because it was soft, but had a message. The whole kitchen was full of my voice, but it was cut off by someone.

"Aston?" A sleepy little girl asked.

"Nope. It's me. Ashton doesn't sing." I picked her up. "Good morning Lauren."

"Hi Jane." I'm pretty sure she still didn't like talking to me because I was never home, but it'll grow on her.

"Want some cereal?" I set her down by the table in a chair. She nodded.

I got down a bowl and poured some cereal into it. I grabbed the milk and dumped some in.

"Here ya go sweetie." I set the bowl in front of her with her spoon.

"Thank you." Lauren whispered and started eating.

I went back to humming, but to a new song. I googled the artist of A Team and his name is Ed. I also like his song drunk, don't, sing and thinking out loud.

"What are you singing? Lauren asked.

"Thinking out loud. It's by a guy called Ed Sheeran." I went back to humming.

"Alec up?" I took a sip of my cooled off coffee.

"I didn't sweep with him." Lauren's mouth was full, so I chuckled.

"I'm going to check. Be right back." I kissed the top of her head and went upstairs.

I quietly entered the room and saw he was fast asleep still. I smiled at how little he looked.

I quietly left and checked on Marianna. Her door was slightly open so I pushed it open just enough I could fit through. She wasn't in her bed, but on her floor in a ball.

"Oh Marianna." I put a blanket over top of her and she stirred.

I closed her door and went back downstairs.

Lauren was sitting at the table with her empty bowl in front of her.

"Wanna come shopping?" I asked.

"Can I?" Her eyes were full of hope.

"Of course love! Let's get your shoes on and well walk because it's beautiful out." I picked her up, went to the front door and passed her shoes to her.

"Thank you." She said as she put them on. I slid my feet into my slip ons and we left.