Two

•Sean•

            "For you Sir" Brook came in holding the telephone in his hands. I gave him an annoyed look before looking back to the documents which were currently frustrating me.

           "Link the call to the private number" I replied. "I was going to but the caller insists,its your father" he told me which made me exhale heavily before turning to him again. "Hand it over"

       "Sean,when are you getting here?" He asked from the other end of the phone. "Getting where?" I asked him feeling confused as to what he was talking about.

          "What do you mean by 'where' ?" He mocked. "Sean,I told you that I would be in New York by today and you should come pick me up, and I've been waiting for over 30 minutes now"

            "Come on Dad, I told you to order one of the chauffeurs or something" I said as I slumped into my office seat. My Dad always found ways to stress me,he always whined about one thing or the other,asking for outrageous things and it made me wonder if I he was my Dad or my Mum.

         "I dont think I can hold off at this airport anymore Sean,can you just come and pick me up instead of making excuses?!" He yelled from the other side of the phone. I looked down at all the papers which wear scattered across my table.

          I sighed again,succumbing to his wishes. "Fine Dad,I'm on my way" I told him before pressing the handset down on the switch hook.

         "Get me my keys" I told Brook as I stood up and made my way out of my office. He hurried on before me and as soon as I got out,he handed me the keys.

           "Sir,arent you taking the elevator?" He asked I walked past it towards the staircase. I nodded negative just before I took the bend which led to the staircase.

          I wanted to give myself enough time before I got to the point of driving to go pick my Dad up. Dont get me wrong,I loved my Dad. I knew it's been hard on him ever since Mom passed away. Just that sometimes,he acted like a 10 year old kid. I wondered what the country would think if they ever found that the Duke of Massachusetts behaved this way.

           I walked slowly down the staircase, it took a while because coming from the 16th floor wasnt at all easy. On getting to the 10th floor,I gave up and took the elevator.

          I headed for my private parking lot as soon as I emerged from the elevator,replying greetings which came from each corner with a curt hand signal.

         As soon as I got into my car,I hit the road,heading for the airport. It took another fair share of time because I didnt bother to step on my speed.

          I parked my car in the parking lot before entering into the airport on a quest to find my Dad. I spotted him sitting in the VIP section after another 5 minutes of searching for him.

          "Dad!" I called as I walked towards him. "And then he arrived an hour later, good job Sean,take the bags" He said as soon as I got to him,brushing past me and walking away.

            I smiled, bringing out the handles of the bags and rolling them beside me as I followed behind him. He always brought drama into my life.

           "Wait up Dad!" I called after him,laughing at the way he walked, playing the furious card. He ignored my calls,walking on until he walked through the automatic spiralling doors of the airport. It took me sometime to get out due to the bags I had with me.

          "You dont even know what car I drove" I told him smirking as I reached where he stood. "Wipe that smirk off boy" he told me which only added to my amusement.