Twenty-four

•Sean•

         I slowly tried to review the statistics which the CFO had sent to me.I wanted to stop,I just wished to give myself a long vacation. Work had become even more tedious for me as the conference meeting drew closer and even though I'd expected it,it still tired me out. What bugged my mind even more was the thought of Viola being under the same or even more stress than me. The mention of her name had my thoughts taking another direction.

         I would be a fool to deny that I wasnt seeing it. I didn't want to lead her on but I just couldnt find it in me to let her be. I found myself swooning her over and over again even though I knew she deserved better.

        I wanted to be everything to her,be there for her,protect her,support her, encourage her but my conscience kept tugging me back everytime I thought of making a move on her. We were close,but I wanted us more than friends. It saddened me.

        I sighed seeing as I put my thoughts to a stop seeing that I'd zoned out on my work for the umpteenth time today.

        I couldnt help it,whenever she attacked my mind,I just had to pursue the thought. It was like I was getting addicted to thinking about her. Funny,because I couldnt remember the last time I felt that way about a girl,if I'd ever.

        When she wasn't looking,my gaze was always fixed on her. I watched her every second I got the chance to. I tried my best to check up on her anytime I got the free time and I tried to make time when I thought I wouldnt have enough time.

         I leaned back into my office chair as I twirled in it slightly. I suddenly found myself taking to my feet as soon as my eyes met the clock. Office break,finally!

        I walked straight out of my office and towards hers. The door lay ajar which saved me the stress and interruption of Viola who seemed to be practicing her speech probably because Nelly was absent.

        I leaned on the door frame,watching her give little mutterings and whispers as she stared down at the paper which lay on her table.

        "As you all know..." her voice became more audible and I got more intent on listening,a small smile making it's way to my lips. The sight was simply adorable especially the way she kept trying to maintain her serious countenance "I'll be using this medium....no no no" she stopped herself in her speech like her mind negated what she was saying.

         I tucked my hands into my pockets, finding the fact that she hadnt still noticed me in the doorway funny. I found my gaze trailing her features,from her furrowed eyebrows to her rosy cheeks and down to her  and damn,even her neckline.

       "This presentation is aimed at...no no no" her voice stopped my mind from taming more thoughts within me and I was glad it did. I wasnt sure I would have been able to control it if I hadnt stopped it this time. I looked to her this time,noticing how she sighed tiredly before slumping into her seat. I felt the need to step in.

       "You were doing great,why did you stop?" I said finally making my prescence known as I stepped in. I watched her eyes grow in shock as bits of pink stained her cheeks.

       "How long have you been here?" She asked lowly with squinted eyes.

       "A couple of minutes" I told her which made her groan as she face palmed herself. I gave a rasp chuckle.

      "I had no idea" I heard her mumble which made my smile morph into a grin.

       "You were doing really good though" I told her as she lifted her gaze back to me.