Thirty-nine

•Xander•

       Contemplation was sure easy,but what wasnt easy was coming up with a decision afterwards. I did all sorts of things,pacing around my house and even outside it all in a vain attempt to come up with a decision.

     Finally,I found myself walking down the hallways of the hospital after filing for a visit and following the directions Hadley had sent me.

     What am I really doing here? I kept questioning myself as I trudged down the hallways,practically looming around even though I clearly had a destination. I'd come here this late in the night,I never seemed to amaze myself.

      I turned at another corner which I figured would be my last corner as the ward number seemed to be close from the last one I'd read. I continued my indecisive threading until I was over taken abruptly by some girl.

      My gaze followed her lazily and when it found where she was headed,I quickly backed out to a corner of the hallway,adjusting my baseball cap on my head so he wouldn't recognise me. I knew I shouldnt have come here,he was here after all. I would only bring more pain to my plate.

      My heels turned in their spot,determined to leave the premises immediately but they stopped when duke dude's words fell on my ears.

      "My girlfriend is injured,obviously I wouldnt be there" My brows furrowed at the mention of that. Did he just say his girlfriend? I readjusted in my position,more determined now to stay hidden and hear the rest of the conversation.

     "I figured you'll be here and I guess I was right" I heard the girl's voice retort. "So you're actually dating her.Sean,you and I both know that this will end in tears"

     Dating? They were actually dating. I couldnt say I didnt expect this but what I didnt expect was how the whole world started feeling airtight that very instant. After all my effort,I'd hidden most parts of my life away from her,she still decided to date him. Wow.

      Listening to the rest of the conversation was pure torment to my ears and from what I heard,whomever that girl was was just as pathetic as I was at the moment. I pitied her and I was doing much better.

       I heard the door shut and I turned towards their direction. I figured duke dude had gone in and pathetic princess was left standing all alone outside. She turned and her gaze quickly met mine and I looked away,adjusting my cap yet again and I peeled myself off the wall and motioned to walk away.

      "Stop" I heard the same feminine voice command from behind me and I scoffed at the fact that I actually paused in my tracks. I shook my head and attempted to keep walking but she quickly blocked my way,preventing any further escape from her.

     "What is it?" I asked dryly as I gave her a condescending look. She was an average tall girl so I didnt have to look down on her and I guess that reduced the effect of the look I was trying to give her.

      "I should be asking you that. I recall passing you a few minutes ago,you were clearly eavesdropping on our conversation." She told me and I couldnt say I wasnt the least taken aback by her fierceness. Seeing that she had hints of Asia in her looks,from her thin eyes to her straight black hair,I was quick to mask my shock.

     "I wasnt eavesdropping,but what I know is that you are infringing on my rights to movement right now" I told her with the most stony voice I could.

      "I see" she said taking a step back and giving me a thorough look from head to toe. I corked my head in an unusual direction as I watched her,the nerve of this girl. "You dont look like a spy...." she started and I was quick to cut her off.