Thirteen

•Viola•

           I wasnt surprised when the rain started descending heavily after I'd reached the bus stop. The weather had been gloomy all day so I expected it. Too bad I didn't plan towards it because I sat at the bus stop almost shivering as I watched the water droplets splash as soon as they met the floor.

           I tucked my brown hair behind my ears thankful that I hadnt had much time to put it in a ponytail this morning,else my neck would be frozen by now. Hadley's mom had called her earlier so she had taken permission and leave the company beforehand. She'd given me a call and I told her not to worry that I would be able to get home. But with no taxi's in sight and no sign of the bus getting here anytime soon,I was beginning  to doubt how possible that would be.

           I took out my phone,my intention to get engrossed in something online or just play a game and it worked. I started browsing pictures on the gram when I heard a voice I couldn't mistake.

         "Viola" he called making my head snap up to where he sat inside his car. I watched him climb down and open a large umbrella before walking towards me.

         "I guess I was right after all" he said taking a seat beside me. "What are you doing here?" I asked him almost shocked.

           "I was on my way home when I saw you sitting here and I thought I should lend you a hand" he said turning off the umbrella. "I mean....we don't want you catching another cold" he told me which made me laugh.

         "So I thought I might just help you get home" he finished. I watched closely, feeling jubilant within me that he was doing yet another thing for me.

        "You know I could just take the bus though" I told him. "And you could also save the cost and let me take you home" he replied.

         "Then I'll be indebted to you yet again" I told him as he opened the umbrella again. "Let's keep up our cycle of debts then" he said which clearly amused me.

         "Shall we?" He asked taking to his feet and offering me a hand. I smiled placing my phone back into my purse before taking it.  He helped me into the car before turning around and getting in. The day was getting darker and darker as time went by,the rain wasnt making any effort towards stopping.

          I put on my seatbelt as Sean hit the road again. "Your seats are so soft" I commented unconsciously relaxing into the chair.

          He threw a glance at me before laughing "You can set them back you know,they'll be even more comfortable that way" he told me.

          "I can?" I asked reaching under the seat and pulling the controls which sent my seat moving backwards. "This is so cool" I muttered which made him laugh again. I'd reached the point that I could be this free around him and he was relaxing with me too. We talked almost everyday at the office,I could outright say we were friends.

         "Do you like music?" I asked him from where I half lay on the passengers seat. "Its not really my thing, I like reggae for some reason though" he told me.

          "Reggae? Like Bob Marley kind of songs?" I asked surprised at his choice of music. I wasnt a lover myself so I couldnt really judge.

          "Sort of"

         "Do you have any here?" I asked again

           "A few" he told me.

           "Let me hear,let me hear" I chanted getting a little excited. He looked to me,let out another laugh before taking out his phone from the compartment between his seat and mine.